''im Not Going To Be Howard Daviding Anybody"...zimpher. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

''im Not Going To Be Howard Daviding Anybody"...zimpher.

The guy was probably just pretending to like the Jets, anyway.

He'll probably pretend to be a huge Dolfan now.

As long as Mandich sticks around, I'm happy, I guess.

I think a lot of you guys are overreacting in calling David a "Jet's fan".
As I see it, he is a verteran broadcaster that just happened to do the jests games the last 4 years.
He has been the voice of many different teams over the years.
I don't really think that he was a huge fan of all these teams. He just happened to work for them.
Like I say, if you have ever heard him, you would have to agree that he is an upgrade over Bill Zimpher.
And that is a huge compliment, because Zimpher is an excellent broadcaster.

Here's some of his bio from WQAM:

The Howard David Show
6a - 9a Weekdays
Howard David

Howard David is in his sixth season as the voice of Monday Night Football and the Super Bowl on Westwood One/CBS Radio Sports.

Since 1979, David has reported on a wealth of sporting events for Westwood One/CBS Radio Sports. He began as anchor for the weekend series, Sports Central USA and has since covered college football, U.S. Open Tennis, Masters Golf, and the 1992 Winter Olympics.

A broadcast veteran, Howard also has served as the radio voice of the New York Jets, Boston Celtics, New Jersey Nets, Milwaukee Bucks and Princeton Football team during the past 20 years. Honored by the association of sportswriters and Sportscasters, Howard was named New Jersey Sportswriter of the Year in 1975 and 1985. In addition to radio, Howard served as Senior Vice President of Sales for Mizlou Television, a company that syndicates college football and basketball games.

Originally posted by scotgif
I think a lot of you guys are overreacting in calling David a "Jet's fan".
As I see it, he is a verteran broadcaster that just happened to do the jests games the last 4 years.
He has been the voice of many different teams over the years.
I don't really think that he was a huge fan of all these teams. He just happened to work for them.
Like I say, if you have ever heard him, you would have to agree that he is an upgrade over Bill Zimpher.
And that is a huge compliment, because Zimpher is an excellent broadcaster.

You may be right, but if he wasn't a huge fan of all these teams, he probably won't be much of a Dolphins fan either. That makes any excitement he may show over a good turn for the team as insincere. Maybe he would have a good career in politics.:evil:

Honestly in today's world of communication there should not have been any reason for Bill to move down to FLA to do a morning show. Most Radio networks like NPR have all their hosts work out of the house these days anyway. I mean a simple ISDN line and good mike is all you need! I think it had more to do with the fact that this JET GUY wanted to do play by play and probably wouldn't do their morning show unless he got that gig too! I also heard rumors that he doesn't get along too good with the afternoon guy. Sounds like this guy is going into a job where at least two people he will be working with hate him! None of this change will really affect me though I could care less, I go to the games and the only time I get to hear the announcers is on HBO. And then Mandich is usually the only one you hear...ALRIGHT MIAMI! LOL

I think your right, MetalHead. I think David used the morning show as a bargaining chip. It's too bad that we won't be hearing Bill anymore. But I think I'll get used to Howard David. I've been listening to his Jet-Phin broadcasts from NFL.com this weekend. He really does call an excellent game.

Personally, I always take a little headset radio when I go to the games. That way I know everything that's going on (injuries, etc).

I listened to THE BIG O on WQAM this morning---and BILL ZIMPHER was on to say his goodbyes to his well-wishing Dolphin fans. He said that he "knew this was in the works for the last 6 months"....and that the issue of him not being a member of the SOuth Florida Area...was "the beginning of the end for me" "I knew once WQAM brought on DAVID...it was only a matter of time". "Unfortunately...my family and I had to hear about it in the newspaper...it certainly could of been handled better than that". And here is the classic quote he said in frustration..." I WILL TELL EVERYONE THIS...I STILL HAVE A JOB....I MAY NOT HAVE A PLAY BY PLAY JOB....BUT I WON'T BE HOWARD DAVIDING ANYBODY OUT THERE.....REST ASSURED".

The bottom line: WQAM just kicked out BILL ZIMPHER...in a VERY UNPROFESSIONAL STYLE. I liked ZIMPHER...and I thought this was a major power-play in regard to DAVID--having that "under the table agreement"....that if he took the MORNING SHOW gig....the WQAM brass would ask permission from WAYNE HUIZENGA for DAVID to also REPLACE ZIMPHER as the teams play-by-play voice. Well....everything did go just as planned for WQAM....now DAVID is in....and ZIMPHER has been thrown out like yesterdays newspaper.

ALso...I have heard that there has been an out-pour of E-MAILS...from many folks....who are very unhappy about the way ZIMPHER was treated. Let me tell you something....its very good and very important for all to E-MAIL the WQAM brass...meaning GREG REED....and tell him what you think of his decision to release ZIMPHER....literally through the newspapers. The guy did not even have the gall to even call ZIMPHER...as a letter was written...literally a letter of termination. Now....JIM MANDICH is going to have a tough time dealing with this...as he and ZIMPHER were more than just broadcast partners...they were extremely close. MANDICH is not talking to reporters about this....but he simply cannot believe what has happened...and does not now right now...if he will or will not be part of the "HOWARD DAVIDING" situation.

Anyway....I have sent my E-mail in....and I am a HOWARD DAVID fan....I think he is one of the best in football.....I just don't like the way the WQAM folks handled this situation.....it was a total disgrace. Even though DAVID was available.....you should at least have the common decency to at least thank the man....for what he has done...yet alone meet with him personally...to let him know of management's decision.
DCH

What a bunch of scumbags. I emailed Greg Reed the other day. Sent a very pleasant but to-the-point letter to him.

Now he's about to get another. Asshole

That would the final straw signifying that "THE APOCALYPSE IS APON US"

Originally posted by Muck
That would the final straw signifying that "THE APOCALYPSE IS APON US"

LOL..........human nature...........I wonder how much we would still love him.........:lol:

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Would`nt it be ironic if Zimpher got hired to be the Jets p/p man?!

I hope not. Maybe the CBS affiliate in Miami will hire him to do Dolphins games.

Back
Top Bottom