I'm Proud of Wanny | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Proud of Wanny

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I'm back, thanks Jeep for a good post to return. For this one, he's not with the Bears anymore, that's history, and we haven't had a season like theirs. I do think the man has learned.

But that's exactly where the fingers should have been pointed. At the high priced players who choked, the coaches prepared them, it's up to them to execute and they didn't. They were scared within themselves. You can do only so much from the sidelines, and last I checked that's where coaches stood.

And it was time for Dan to sit down, Dan's last 3 years prior to that were not that good. Even the most stauch Dan fan had to see that unless he was blind.

And he has, our team did not have a losing record, no Dan does not have the right to hold a team hostage to his inabilities anymore. When a players skill starts hurting a team, it's time to move on. And I for one was glad to see Dan move on. I couldn't take his inability to move out of the pocket and get sack or force bad passes anymore.

I think you see a change this year as he's talked about deep balls and everything else, he's from the old school, but he's changing with the times, He's been on and help mode a SB team, have you?

No he looked totally frustrated, knowing he'd prepared his team as well as any coach and watch them totally punker in front of him. They were in position to make plays and didn't. That's the players not the coaches. The players play and the coaches coach. There's a different for a reason you know.

It worked and reminded them of things. And yes Bill Walsh needed others to speak for him, but since you weren't following them like you do the phins, you didn't know about it.

No it's only your way of thinking, which you're entitled too, but as you see, there are those of us that disagree. And it's not anyone on this board or anywhere else job to convince you of anything. But I know this. Wanny knows more about football than you.

ummmm.... what he said. :D

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I'm back, thanks Jeep for a good post to return. For this one, he's not with the Bears anymore, that's history, and we haven't had a season like theirs. I do think the man has learned.

Lets see.. During Dave's career at Chicago.. his best year was 9-7 and progressively got worse... His first year here with the Phins, the team went 11-5 and into the 2nd round of the playoffs... since then the team has gotten progressively worse.. Doesn't look like he has learned all that much..

But that's exactly where the fingers should have been pointed. At the high priced players who choked, the coaches prepared them, it's up to them to execute and they didn't. They were scared within themselves. You can do only so much from the sidelines, and last I checked that's where coaches stood.

John F Kennedy took full responsibility for the failure at the Bay of Pigs and he was 2000 miles away from the fight.. He publicly stated he is the Commander and Chief and so he held ultimate responsibility for the failure.. Dave is the Commander and Chief of the team.. what does he do?? points fingers... Its a good thing he isnt running for President

And it was time for Dan to sit down, Dan's last 3 years prior to that were not that good. Even the most stauch Dan fan had to see that unless he was blind.

In my opinion... no one has the right to force out the best quarterback to ever play the game..

And he has, our team did not have a losing record, no Dan does not have the right to hold a team hostage to his inabilities anymore. When a players skill starts hurting a team, it's time to move on. And I for one was glad to see Dan move on. I couldn't take his inability to move out of the pocket and get sack or force bad passes anymore.

There is no disputing Dan was getting older and was hurt and recovering from the injuries.. But most of the mystic associated with "The Dolphins" is because of guys like him and Don Shula and Bob Griese and the No Name Defense..

Dan is a legend... so far, all Wanny has in his resume is he successfully ousted a legend... I guarantee Mr. Robie would never have let that happen....

I think you see a change this year as he's talked about deep balls and everything else, he's from the old school, but he's changing with the times, He's been on and help mode a SB team, have you?

Dave got lucky that Wayne H didn't fire him last year... With 8 pro-bowlers and the leagues best runner and the 3rd toughest defense in all of the NFL. The best he could lead his team to is 9-7

Dave knows this is the do or die year, either win and win big or stand in the unemployment line... He had to pull out the stop and make big changes... Hmmmm imagine if Marino was still around with these receivers..

No he looked totally frustrated, knowing he'd prepared his team as well as any coach and watch them totally punker in front of him. They were in position to make plays and didn't. That's the players not the coaches. The players play and the coaches coach. There's a different for a reason you know.

Obviously Dave cant coach the players to play..

It worked and reminded them of things. And yes Bill Walsh needed others to speak for him, but since you weren't following them like you do the phins, you didn't know about it.

Hmmm let me look.. hang on just one second... yeah.. yep.. I was right.. I still do live in the SAN FRAN Bay Area...

No it's only your way of thinking, which you're entitled too, but as you see, there are those of us that disagree. And it's not anyone on this board or anywhere else job to convince you of anything. But I know this. Wanny knows more about football than you.

Yeah... So... and your point is......??? That just means him and I are not very good coaches....

Originally posted by Dolfan984
About the Marino thing.

Fiedler right now, is better than Marino at 37+ Wanny did the right thing.

Ok.. lets look at Dan at age 37... and compare him to our man Jay..

Dan 1998

Games: 16
Completions 310
Attempts: 537
Yards: 3497
Touchdowns: 23
Interceptions: 15

Jay 2002

Games: 11
Completions: 179
Attempts: 292
Yards: 2024
Touchdowns: 14
Interceptions: 9

Originally posted by Jeep

Ok.. lets look at Dan at age 37... and compare him to our man Jay..

Dan 1998

Games: 16
Completions 310
Attempts: 537
Yards: 3497
Touchdowns: 23
Interceptions: 15

Jay 2002

Games: 11
Completions: 179
Attempts: 292
Yards: 2024
Touchdowns: 14
Interceptions: 9

There you go

Dans QB Rating: 79.9
Jays QB Rating: 85.2

Jay had a better season... especially if you add rushing stats but I wont go there out of respect to Danny.

its turning into a pointless debate... Dan is retired putting on make up for the HBO cameras.. and Jay is the starting QB..

I will support both Dave and Jay.. cuz I am a DolFan!!!!

The bad thing is just like everyone will compare any QB we have to Dan, they will also compare any coach we have to Don. The only way to stop this is to win a SB.

Originally posted by gunn34
The bad thing is just like everyone will compare any QB we have to Dan, they will also compare any coach we have to Don. The only way to stop this is to win a SB.

A-men!

It's only your way of thinking, which you're entitled too, but as you see, there are those of us that disagree. And it's not anyone on this board job to convince you of anything. But I know this. Wanny knows more about football than you.

Can I put this in my sig?????

Originally posted by inFINSible

Can I put this in my sig?????

:lol:

Sure you can, but I want royalties, everytime you post..:D

Good post, MD. I agree with you.

I think Jeep's criticisms are too emotionally driven. Mistakes of the past (Da Bears) should not impact the present. And, Marino always brings emotion - he's my favorite player of all time, but he didn't need any more games like the Dallas game and his lack of mobility as well as being prone to INT's made him as much a liability as anything else. Not taking responsibility? In fact, he did take responsibility - he also spent a lot of free time talking to other successful coaches (including Shula) to ask them what changes he needed as a coach - THAT'S taking responsibility. Playing not to lose? The philosophy of running the ball and letting the D win the game came from JJ; in fact, I think adding Norv has helped to change that which JJ instituted himself while he was here!

The one criticism I have of Wannstedt is his lack of emotional impact on the team - being able to light a fire under them (ala Parcells or Gruden or JJ or even Shanahan). He does not have that fiery charisma that some coaches have.

Nevertheless, while it is a weakness, it is not enough that it should necessarily keep him from winning the whole thing. The players have a great deal of responsibility. Belichick is not a charismatic guy. So, I think he can do it - but he does need a bit more burning fire in him - controlled but burning.

Thanks, MD....Everytime I post in one of your threads. I'll give you five points. :D

I loved Cower's play calling yesterday to win that game. We missed our two point conv. I didn't see it but a pass to say Todd Wade who reports as elig could have worked. Also going for it on 4th and one I don't think we did enough of that last year. We'd punt from like the opp 40 and it would go in the endzone everytime and we'd net like 20 yards. Some of the play calling was very suspect as was the lack of agressiveness on offense and especially defense..

Originally posted by Jeep
its turning into a pointless debate... Dan is retired putting on make up for the HBO cameras.. and Jay is the starting QB..

I will support both Dave and Jay.. cuz I am a DolFan!!!!

What's up Jeep, I didn't see your response to my post until just now, but since I saw you posted this as well, I won't respond to all your statements, and you know I had a response. :D You're right this debate would be good from a purely differing of opinion, but it probably wouldn't change many people's minds, to include you and I. We just see things differently. But I enjoyed your points and thank you for them. Thanks for supporting the Coach and QB we have today, since today is what really counts and the past is the past..and I agree, you are a DolFan.. you go Jeep..

Have some :eat: on me.

Back
Top Bottom