I'm really excited about Vernon Carey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm really excited about Vernon Carey

PhinfanBo1

Scout Team
Reaction score
I think this guy is going to a hell of a Right Tackle for the Dolphins, and he will compete immediately with John St. Clair for the starting job. If Damion McIntosh does come back completely healthy and ready to go, they could easily slide Carey inside. If not, I have confidence in Taylor Whitley or Greg Jerman stepping up, and Mount Vernon being an excellent full-time bookend over on the right side.

There was a lot of talk about Shawn Andrews coming to Miami, and don't get me wrong I have watched Andrews and in terms of on the field dominance, he outperformed Carey. However, when you have two players, both of which can play either RT or Right Guard, both of whom are strong run blockers with a mean streak, both of whom have great size, and both of whom are good athletes with balance and awareness you have to take a closer look to decide which guy fits you the best. First of all, Andrews has the back condition which is potentially hazardous. Second of all, he has had serious weight problems and you talk about the Aaron Gibson factor- Carey is a 335 pound guy but he's been pretty consistant with that weight. Third of all, it's the work ethic and the reliability factor; there has been questions surrounding Andrews character; Carey has been called lazy once in a while but his offensive line coach loved him and he was a guy that whole staff highly recommended. Some Arkansas' people were reserved about Andrews. The final factor was; what is it going to take to bring that talent to Miami. Andrews cost Philadelphia a first round pick, and a 2nd round pick. It probably would have cost us our first, third and maybe a seventh to move up and take him. We got Carey for our first, and a 4th rounder. You look at all the factors and we got a solid, NFL ready RT who fits our system and has played well, plus has a lot of promise over a player who has performed a little bit better but has serious question marks and would have cost a little more.

Plus, he is a lifelong Dolphin fan.. I dont think he would want to screw this up.

The pick really is perfect.

The more i read about Carey, the more i'm glad we got him over Andrews.

I don't think St Clair will be able to compete with Vernon. St Clair is crap. Carey brings alot of releif to our Oline.

When/If McIntosh comes back we should move him inside, not Vernon. Carey needs to stay at tackle. We don't wanna start moving him about. He would've settled within 8 games, and we don't want to disrupt his development by shfting him.

Back
Top Bottom