I'm so glad Wanny drafted eddie Moore instead of a LT. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm so glad Wanny drafted eddie Moore instead of a LT.

MiamiTrooper

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wanny was on the money with that draft pick!!!

BLING BLING $ $ $

Especially since the whole league wanted eddie moore so badly...

we probably coulda had him as an undrafted FA but Wanny wanted to be safe and get his man.

you're forgetting that the guys they wanted they couldve sat on until when they got them....in the 4th round and onward....now if he was able to make a trade, like he shouldve done and almost did, then thats a different story...

Useless rubbish. Instead of taking a blind stab why don't you actually put up a name of a guy that Wannstedt should have drafted at pick #49. What LT do you propose we should have gotten?

Because I tell you right now for god's honest truth the best LT available at pick #49 was the one we got in the third round. Just because you draft the same guy higher than you should have it doesn't make the guy better, it just makes you an idiot for drafting him a whole round too high. I guess ignorance is bliss.

Actually, I think Wanny should have signed Wayne Gandy just like he planned to, and then drafted a WR like Anquan Boldin with the first pick. Yeah, Gandy wanted a lot of money, but he was the only good LT out there. Supply and demand raised the price. And Miami's hole on O-line demanded an LT, and Gandy was the only one in supply.

And with the money they saved by NOT signing Gandy, they used to sign Derrius Drops'em. Oops, i meant Derrius Thompson. That worked out!!! Wanny was on the money!!

BLING BLING $ $ $

All I know is that Griese is a good QB. Even with this much pressure all day he almost led us back. Ricky is still dancing in the backfield. He is hiding an injury I know it.

Originally posted by Jaj
All I know is that Griese is a good QB. Even with this much pressure all day he almost led us back. Ricky is still dancing in the backfield. He is hiding an injury I know it.

I think Griese can be a great Qb with decent blocking and Ricky in the backfield. Decent blocking, now that's the tricky part. I wonder if Eddie Moore can play LT.

Originally posted by MiamiTrooper
Actually, I think Wanny should have signed Wayne Gandy just like he planned to, and then drafted a WR like Anquan Boldin with the first pick. Yeah, Gandy wanted a lot of money, but he was the only good LT out there. Supply and demand raised the price. And Miami's hole on O-line demanded an LT, and Gandy was the only one in supply.

And with the money they saved by NOT signing Gandy, they used to sign Derrius Drops'em. Oops, i meant Derrius Thompson. That worked out!!! Wanny was on the money!!

BLING BLING $ $ $

Thompson makes a fraction of what Gandy signed for. Signing Gandy would have meant no Thompson, Seau, Knight or Zgonina also maybe no Griese. Miami would still have been able to sign Buckley. Signing Gandy would just have meant that Miami would have different problems and there would be some idiot posting about how Wanny failed to solve them.

Let's get one thing straight right off the bat ..... Miami needed an LT desperately. Seau, Knight, and Zgonina are all nice LUXURIES. An LT was a NECESSITY.

It's kinda like having $200 and spending that money on clothes instead of food, when you have 4 closets full of clothes and no food in the fridge and you are starving.

Getting an LT was mandatory, and Wanny failed to do so. Instead, he spent all the money on a defense that already had most of the team's salary invested into it.

And BTW, the defense doesn't look any better than it did last year at this time.

Gandy should have been signed. And then Miami could have proceeded with the rest of the offseason.

I felt strongly about this back then, and I feel strongly about it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on now! inFINsible will tell you that you're scary because you're criticizing Wanny... :rolleyes:

Miami did sign a LT - Mark Dixon and he is hurt EOD. We got Smith who IMO is still a steal in the 3rd rd. Rookie LTs other than the 2-3 top picks (R Webb a high 1st rounder) are not likely do squat. Smith has played better than anyone we could have gotten at Moore's pick. The problem is adjustment by the coaches who should have realized that in the 2nd half Smith was going to need help almost 100% of the time

Zgonina sure looked like more than a luxury when Timbo limped off the field and Chester didn't even suit up. Unless of course you're comfortable with Dario Romero and God knows who.

Seau didn't look like a luxury when Tommy Hendricks was starting. What if we entered the season with Rodgers as our starter?? Surely we all would have rejoiced.

Sammy Knight looks like more than a luxury after watching Arturo Freeman fall to 3rd on the depth chart.

I agree that LT was of huge concern. Lord knows the Phins PR department hyped up the pending aquisition of a LT. But I guess I just get tired of people acting like we gave some half-azzed effort to get a LT this offseason when nothing could be further from the truth. We went for it on several occasions and it didn't work out. So we filled other holes.

Miami had alot of oppurtunities and didn't connect on them. They could've stopped them twice on 3rd and goal to FG's instead of TD's and didn't.

They could've stopped them on 3rd and 16 and Buckley can't make a freaking tackle.

They could've gotten a TD when they were on the 5 yd line instead of a FG but didn't.

The fact remains with all of this, we still could've pulled out the win against a very good team with just one more play.

I know it looks like this isn't going to be our year (again), but I'm going to keep the faith, hope we make the playoffs and anything can happen then. Especially with the weird way this season has been so backwards so far.

Our O-line is so bad it doesn't even warrant a comment.

Like I said in March and April:

ANQUAN BOLDIN

Back
Top Bottom