I'm sorry ...Please prove me wrong but Tua isn't the answer at QB. Again. Prove me wrong.. | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm sorry ...Please prove me wrong but Tua isn't the answer at QB. Again. Prove me wrong..

Tua has his limitations for sure but he’s worked on an improved every offseason.

Number 1 issue is the OL. The Chiefs OL pass protected all day unless we brought the house. Tua’s quick release masked a lot of the OL deficiencies. It’s not a 1st read problem for Tua. He showed at Bama and went through his progressions early in the NFL too. He’s been coached and not confident that the OL can’t hold blocks to his later reads.

Number 2 issue is nonexistent pass catching TE. Tua has NO security blanket TE like Mahomes, Purdy, Jackson, etc.

Number 3 issue is mobility / off schedule. Tua can work on his mobility this off season. Tua scrambled twice first 1st downs. Needs to do more of that imo. Fins are understandably scared to get Tua hit. McD doesn’t roll Tua out or move the pocket at all. Everything is straight back for defenses to disrupt passing lanes, etc.

Number 4 issue is play calling. Tua should never be in an empty backfield on 3rd and short. Play action got replaced by motions that got replaced by 5 wideout sets in 4th coldest game in NFL history. Moronic. McD out coaches himself but he’s learning in his 2nd season calling plays too.

Well, vs the Bills he made an excellent 1st down throw to Hill that was overturned and we had to punt. Then he made an excellent throw to Hill on third down that was dropped and forced a punt. Then he made an excellent throw to Hill that would have been a 50 yard TD to tie the game 21-21 that was dropped. Both drops went in as official stats, so it’s not like ball barely touched Hill’s hands; they were routine catches.
The first two throws you mention were bad; the first was absolutely abysmal. It was impressive that Hill made it close.

Were we watching the same game? No, underthrowing a wide-open receiver on a 15-yard pass down the middle is not “excellent.”

It doesn't make sense and never will. What he is, is what he is. He is a good "backup" QB. The number one problem I have with him is his lack of confidence in himself. Evidenced in how he plays scared. He shrinks and plays poorly in every big game and goes into a shell. Just looking at the stupid plays he makes, when he needs to deliver. He can't do it. Reminds me of a QB the Raiders had. The difference is that QB had a huge arm, but also shrunk in the bright lights like Tua...Jeff George. Maybe Tua needs to see a hypnotist or something because the guys looks like a scared rabbit out on the field.
He's a backup QB? Go on, name 32 other QB's that are better than him.

The first two throws you mention were bad; the first was absolutely abysmal. It was impressive that Hill made it close.

Were we watching the same game? No, underthrowing a wide-open receiver on a 15-yard pass down the middle is not “excellent.”
Any official drop is a catchable ball. Period. They don’t count contact. They don’t count next to impossible catches. It doesn’t matter what Hill had to do; that was a 7-8 man blitz and Tua had to get the ball out as fast as possible. It not only hit his hands, he pulled it into his chest and proceeded to drop it. If you want 1 player to “step up” when it matters the same sentiment extends to every guy on the field. Hill didn’t have a single 100 yard game in any of our losses and he dropped balls vs the Eagles, Chiefs, Ravens, and Bills. It is about accountability; a bad pick is just as bad as a bad drop that ends a drive.

Bruh, I lost count on the number of wide open receivers vs Chiefs. I've seen over 8 wide angled, open field film and I couldn't believe my eyes. Something IS wrong with Tuas processing.

I dunno how you fix that. He's basically a vet, atp in his career.

You know what, the more I think about this gimmicky bullshit offense, the more I realize this isn't Tua's fault. He may suck in a real offense, I don't know but that's not my point.
The whole concept of this offense is the pre snap motion. Tua's point in the presser was the miscommunication. We all have seen us snapping the ball with a second on the play clock even when trailing late. So for example, 5 seconds to go in the playclock, Tyreek starts sprinting across the backfield. It's supposed to panic the defense. Damn, speed. What do we do? They figured it out, do nothing, ignore it. When they see that, they move their backside corner and LB into blitz mode. Any other offense, the QB audibles or nods to a WR to.make him the hot read. Tua can't. First off, he has no time on the clock. Second, any delay and Tyreek turns up field too fast and it's a penalty. Snap happens, Tua makes a bad quick throw or gets sacked and some idiots on here say Tua is a one read QB and it's his fault.
Simple conclusion, the offense has been figured out.

I mean I don’t think what you said is wrong but he’s still a good qb. The bigger issue is McDaniel not realizing he’s limited and either drawing up every pass 25 yards down field or a backwards run or pass that puts us in third and longs. That and completely killing drives. Had a 3rd/4th and 2 that we just gave up running on and could of had a 3rd and inches should of just been a run for a first instead we get a penalty then throw a pick. Both those killed us and completely turned the game. There’s situations like this in just about every game we lost. I can’t even count how many 3rd and 10+ yards we’ve had in losing games. I still think Tua is a good to great qb you can win with but you have to stop drawing up stupid plays and getting cute rather than just playing for the first. You also can’t draw up 30 yard passing plays every down like you have Marino back there.
McD needs to stop putting all the pressure on his QB. Learn to stay with the run game. Then when they are punished by your run attack you do play action and go over the top to Hill and Waddle. Those backward throws aren't working. Get them out of the game plan before they lead to a turnover. Also, as you point out play ahead of the stacks for a change.

Back
Top Bottom