I'm surprised that Houston... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm surprised that Houston...

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Didn't offer us the 2nd & 3rd rd picks for Surtain....anyone wonder why???

Pat is way better than Philip Buchanon, Philip may be younger, but Pat isn't that injury prone...

ALthough I must say I'm glad it went down because I'm one of those Finfans that wants to keep Surtain at all costs.

NYinBostonFin

Playoffs Please!!
Reaction score
I was wondering that too. I think at this point though we should keep him. F it

Calgaryfin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The North Country Fair Where the Wind Hits Heavy o
They wanted a younger player to groom from a backup /nickel perspective. Not a starter witha big cap number! However, that certainly enhances Surtain's value. Especially in the AFC West where both Denver and K.C. need a corner and arguably San Diego now that Moss is in Oakland. After a couple of those teams get a taste of Oakland eating them alive deep they will be begging for help but it might take to the trade deadline IMO.

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
He is younger, returns punts and kickoffs, and is under contract for more then 1 year!

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Calgaryfin said:
They wanted a younger player to groom from a backup /nickel perspective. Not a starter witha big cap number! However, that certainly enhances Surtain's value. Especially in the AFC West where both Denver and K.C. need a corner and arguably San Diego now that Moss is in Oakland. After a couple of those teams get a taste of Oakland eating them alive deep they will be begging for help but it might take to the trade deadline IMO.

????? Buchanan is a starter!

Spray Mucus

Ray Lucas' mom didn't take vitamins
Reaction score
I still don't understand why KC hasn't ponied up that #2 yet? I mean are they really thinking Saban will bend?

and even if C. Rodgers slips to #15, do they honestly think a rookie CB (who is ranked 3rd best in the draft) will be able to shut down Moss twice a year? :shakeno:

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Reaction score
Spray Mucus said:
I still don't understand why KC hasn't ponied up that #2 yet? I mean are they really thinking Saban will bend?

and even if C. Rodgers slips to #15, do they honestly think a rookie CB (who is ranked 3rd best in the draft) will be able to shut down Moss twice a year? :shakeno:

Honestly it dosen't matter. Surtain isn't shutting Moss down. Champ Bailey isn't shutting Moss down. Freakin Primetime (in his hay) isn't shutting Moss down. The only person that shuts Moss down is Moss.

Surtain may make life more difficult, but the man is unstoppable.

MiamiFan1354

Clumpys #1 Fan
Reaction score
It was all about the contract.... They were willing to give up more for him b/c he demands less $$$$$

Oraclepz

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Losman7 said:
Honestly it dosen't matter. Surtain isn't shutting Moss down. Champ Bailey isn't shutting Moss down. Freakin Primetime (in his hay) isn't shutting Moss down. The only person that shuts Moss down is Moss.

but at least surtain could keep moss to respectable numbers... with those CB KCs got moss is on his way to a 2000 yard season lol

Spray Mucus

Ray Lucas' mom didn't take vitamins
Reaction score
Losman7 said:

Very true... but, you missed the point of my post. What I was trying to say was, would you rather have a proven pro-bowl CB with a #2 rick or a unproven rookie (who isn't considered the best CB in the draft) with a #1 pick...

Top Bottom