I'm Watching 2002 Raiders game and notice. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Watching 2002 Raiders game and notice.

Originally posted by minus
No doubt the oline deserve most of the blame but Ricky simply wasn't trying as hard as last year when he wanted to prove people wrong.I know Ricky is more agressive runner than what he showed us last year and hopefully he will start next year running "hard" unlike this year when he wasn't running hard according to him.

You can run into a wall all day long and not get hurt........if you don't run into it very hard. Why do it if there's not much use in it? maybe that's how Ricky felt particulary since we got absolutely no improvement on the OL LY at all plus the fact he knew other teams sold out on the run and was just waiting for him. The [lack of] passing game has alot to do with it also and of that Fiedler gets the nod here since other teams knew that there was no way in hell he was gonna beat anybody deep, etc. so they could cheat up with the safeties.

There were other teams with crappy offensive lines who had running backs that got more yards a carry than Ricky.

In 2002, Ricky would just run no matter what. He would run into people. In 2003, he waited for holes to open up, and they rarely did. Ricky is a big RB and he needs to be more aggressive than he was this season.

Back
Top Bottom