I'm watching a replay of the Ole Miss/Arkansas game of last year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm watching a replay of the Ole Miss/Arkansas game of last year

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
And, of course, I'm focusing on Shawn Andrews.

WOW. I realize Ole Miss's defense wasn't full of 1st rounders, but Andrews is absolutely DOMINATING.

Every run play was to the right side, and there was an absolute gash because of #73 paving the way.

He does have a tendancy to let up after the first block, and he stands and watches sometimes when the play passes him, but he got three pancakes in a row on one series.

I hope so much this guy is available at #20 for us.

This guy Andrews seems to be a beast on the field but not in control of himself when the season is over. His heart for playing is answered by watching his play, he has alot of fire and takes pride in flattening people.

Maybe Boomer could answer the question if Andrews had weight problems after his freshman, sophomore or junior season between seasons.

Well, college is not as strict as the pros, and they may make a contract with weight incintives for him. I think with a dietician like Ricky's they can keep it in control.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
This guy Andrews seems to be a beast on the field but not in control of himself when the season is over. His heart for playing is answered by watching his play, he has alot of fire and takes pride in flattening people.

Maybe Boomer could answer the question if Andrews had weight problems after his freshman, sophomore or junior season between seasons.

I think on this team his wieght will be held in check.

This team seems to really emphasize on wieght control and unlike college the FO will most likely put a clause in his contract stating he must be at a certain wieght if signed.

Thats called motivation people. So its a win win situation, we just have to sign this guy, thats a must.

If not, I really like this guy Smiley, nothing but good things from him all across the board, and is projected to be a probowler everywhere i read about him.

That weight incentive thing is interesting..

Didn't Larry Chester and Timbo receive incentives for that?? Both were over 350 when the season was over.

Yeah they did, and there are reports that now Chester and Bowens are in the shapes of their lives. Hopefully that turns into better production on the field. (not like they are bad, just not enough of a pass rush.)

Hopefully they can make the same kind of clause for Andrews.

This is "Hurricane" Andrews...

I've seen some posts questioniing his character and/or his motivation. Bottom line, guys....he is plain nasty on the field but as good as they come off the field. At 340 pounds, he may be better than Gallery. Quick feet, explosive and nasty. When was the last time we had a lineman like that? I for one, hope my son and I get the best of both worlds....one of his heros, his buddy Shawn, playing for the Phins. Trust me, we'll regret it if we pass him up. This was taken after he plowed through Alabama's defense last year.

Re: This is "Hurricane" Andrews...

Originally posted by Deeznutts
I've seen some posts questioniing his character and/or his motivation. Bottom line, guys....he is plain nasty on the field but as good as they come off the field. At 340 pounds, he may be better than Gallery. Quick feet, explosive and nasty. When was the last time we had a lineman like that? I for one, hope my son and I get the best of both worlds....one of his heros, his buddy Shawn, playing for the Phins. Trust me, we'll regret it if we pass him up. This was taken after he plowed through Alabama's defense last year.

Great pic Deez and welcome to the board! :welcome: I hope he drops to us...this guy will plow holes open for Ricky and is one of the few lineman who can start as a rookie.

That's cool Deeznutts.

As a fan of the National Champion LSU Tigers and a student there, I hate Arkansas, but I love big Shawn!!

He'll be ok...

Even at a happy meal over 400 pounds, he twice as good as anyone we've had since Richmond Webb was in his prime. And even in Webb's prime, he couldn't run block for crap. This man was made to block for Ricky Williams. He is perfect for our offense.

sounds unanimous we all want Andrews!!!

its pretty clear we all want a OL out of the draft!!!

There are 3 OL studs in the first round in my opinion

Gallery, Andrews, Smiley

Lets get one of them!!!!

What people don't know about that above picture from Deez--that ain't a kid, Andrews is standing by a 20 year old guy that is 5'10":eek:
Andrews is a monster!!!:lol: :lol:

The statistic that absolutely staggers me is from Boomer. Just over 70% of all Razorback run plays follow HIM. I don't know if Boomer just meant the right side, or if he meant specifically behind tackle, off tackle, or in the tackle-guard gap but even if if just means over 70% of razorback run plays are on the right side of the line cuz of him...thats incredible. This guy could eat defensive ends for breakfast. I wonder how good he is at getting to a secondary block.

Back
Top Bottom