I'm worried about Olindo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm worried about Olindo

Miamian

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
He's been a bit erratic this year. I'm not talking about the missed PAT, because that was just luck by NE, but in 4 games he's missed 2 FGs inside the 40 and like the announcers said, he's only missed 3 the last three years. This goes back to preseason, but we all probably didn't notice, because we assumed that he was just working out the kinks.

We have to keep in mind he is working with a new holder, and we all can assume it does not take long to get on the same page but we have no idea how long it takes. I am not too worried, he has not had alot of attempts yet and I am writting it off as they are still workingh out the kinks. I will say they need to spend more time at practice to get this fixed.

Those first 3 or 4 long snaps were pretty high and I think that had more to do with the black and miss than anything else.

The XP was blocked which obviously wasn't his fault, as for the first FG of the game that he missed, it looked horrible. He either hit it in the wrong spot or someone may have gotten a hand on it because Olindo never kicks it like that.

Originally posted by Miamian
He's been a bit erratic this year. I'm not talking about the missed PAT, because that was just luck by NE, but in 4 games he's missed 2 FGs inside the 40 and like the announcers said, he's only missed 3 the last three years. This goes back to preseason, but we all probably didn't notice, because we assumed that he was just working out the kinks.

His stock is dropping, isnt it? I hope its just a minor slump and nothing big....I think he can pick it up.

The blocked extra point should have been a penalty. Miami probably told the refs to watch for it because they called Bruski for it on the next field goal.

There's something different ..Mare usually don't miss this much..Wow the Jets are beating KC with 7 sec left in the 1st half..

Hopefully Wannstedt sits down with Mare and explains to him that he can never miss again...that should fix it :)

LOL... that should do the trick. But seriously, yeah, I agree that it's probably just a gelling problem, that and a couple of bad snaps really put them in a tough spot. I'm admittedly a little dim with regards to kicking knowlege, but If the snap and hold arent good then it doesn't matter what the Kicker does.
I think it'll settle down soon enough (hopefully by this weekend because we can't just hand out 4 points like we did today.

Originally posted by Samphin
Hopefully Wannstedt sits down with Mare and explains to him that he can never miss again...that should fix it :)

Back
Top Bottom