IMO... do we really need to draft a QB in round 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMO... do we really need to draft a QB in round 1

After watching the Senior Bowl I don't think Saban will go QB in the 1st round. I think he'll look for a db first but if a good one is not available for him he'll look for the best available which could mean an upgrade on the OL or DL. That is my opinion at the moment. I would look for a young gun in free agency or by trade this year but the scouting combine (which I think is worthless) may help Saban and co. decide otherwise.

Pocoloco said:
We have a better o-line coach than we do a Qb coach,

So I say we draft a QB earlier on if we can

I do not think that is the approach one should take. They are going to have all their guys ranked on their board no matter what position. They will draft accordingly. That is why people say dont be surprised to see us draft a LB or S, because they will be the best player on our board at that pick.

I followed last years draft with a list from one of the draft sites. Every pick seemed to be a value pick. Crowder was like 24 on my list but dropped into the 3rd. Saban took him cus he studied him. Matt Roth was a 1st rounder for sure on most peoples boards and we got him at 46. I dont think alot of people had him dropping that far. Saban will draft according to whats on his board and who left them at the alter so to speak. But they will have their board set to the T, you can bank on it. That is why no one should overreact to our picks at first if you do not recognize a name because im sure that Saban will know exactly who he ends up drafting.

Back
Top Bottom