Impressive O-Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Impressive O-Line

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
3,889
Reaction score
1,222
Location
Montreal
LT McIntosh
LG James
C McKinney
RG Hadnot
RT McDougle

This is my projected starters..So if we can have Vernon Carey as a backup with his size and talent, I strongly believe that this unit will be solid.

I'm sure St-Claire could start for a lot of teams right now and he will be a great backup for us....

My theory is that if we can have some starter caliber as backups, then our starters are really good, otherwise Carey or ST-Claire are really bad which I don't believe because I don't think any of them allowed more than a sack last season.
 

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
22,035
Reaction score
1,128
Location
Maryland
BenchFiedler said:
LT McIntosh
LG James
C McKinney
RG Hadnot
RT McDougle

This is my projected starters..So if we can have Vernon Carey as a backup with his size and talent, I strongly believe that this unit will be solid.

I'm sure St-Claire could start for a lot of teams right now and he will be a great backup for us....

My theory is that if we can have some starter caliber as backups, then our starters are really good, otherwise Carey or ST-Claire are really bad which I don't believe because I don't think any of them allowed more than a sack last season.


This OL is only as impressive as the LT and center are. Which are ? right now. Carey not starting is a lot of money sitting on the bench for yet another year. Now I do like depth and if the LT and C plays strong, then we have something with St. Clair, Cook, Wade, and Carey as backups..with the possibility of having Pape, and Eric Wilson on the PS.
 

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,912
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Atlanta
MDFINFAN said:
This OL is only as impressive as the LT and center are. Which are ? right now. Carey not starting is a lot of money sitting on the bench for yet another year. Now I do like depth and if the LT and C plays strong, then we have something with St. Clair, Cook, Wade, and Carey as backups..with the possibility of having Pape, and Eric Wilson on the PS.

Impressive only if you consider having a 1st/4th round pick riding the pine another year.
 

Rich22

Phin DieHard!
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
7
I'd say Carey has to start or Spielman will go down as one of the worst GM's in a long long time. This guy is huge and IMO he can dominate inside. He's athletic so he could pull on sweeps. I can't see how he can sit another year - their talent was not that good last year to warrant him on the bench - no way!
 

Al13

Don´t mess with Clint
Joined
Aug 1, 2002
Messages
5,310
Reaction score
30
Age
48
Location
Berlin, Germany
i said it before and i say it again, if vernon carey doesn´t finish up in the starting lineup, i´ll be pretty pissed, since i was and still would love to have wilfork with our pick....
 

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
682
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Manhattan
While I too would like to see Vernon Carey in the starting lineup, lets give him his fair time to develop, he just finished his rookie season, lets give him some time. This is the way I see it, Carey can be a backup for one more year. I believe we signed McDougle for a 1 year contract, so by next year Carey can be fully developed to take over at RT. Or in a year or so Jeno James may want more money or whatever, we can get rid of him if hes a problem and plug in Carey. I don't like him on the bench anymore than the next guy, but unfortunately Carey plays a position(s) that we could have quality starters at already. And lets get real, the only reason that we have this problem with Carey not finding a position is because Rex Hadnot is turning into quite a nice suprise for us.
 

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
6,948
Reaction score
4
Location
Maryland
BenchFiedler said:
LT McIntosh
LG James
C McKinney
RG Hadnot
RT McDougle

This is my projected starters..So if we can have Vernon Carey as a backup with his size and talent, I strongly believe that this unit will be solid.

I'm sure St-Claire could start for a lot of teams right now and he will be a great backup for us....

My theory is that if we can have some starter caliber as backups, then our starters are really good, otherwise Carey or ST-Claire are really bad which I don't believe because I don't think any of them allowed more than a sack last season.
I agree with you that that if we have some starter caliber as backups, then our starters are really good. I also feels that is gives us great depth. LT-McIntosh, LG-James, C-McKinney, RG Hadnot, and RT- McDougle is what I think is the most accurate lineup as of now. What I would like to see though would be:

LT- Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot
RG- Vernon Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

Unless Seth McKinney improves tremendously, which is possibly under the coaching of Houck... I don't feel comfortable with him in the starting lineup and I also would like to have Carey and Hadnot starting if Hadnot would be best suited for C.
 

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Club Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
8,584
Reaction score
3,569
Age
31
Location
Tallahassee
painnotpleasure said:
I agree with you that that if we have some starter caliber as backups, then our starters are really good. I also feels that is gives us great depth. LT-McIntosh, LG-James, C-McKinney, RG Hadnot, and RT- McDougle is what I think is the most accurate lineup as of now. What I would like to see though would be:

LT- Damion McInoths
LG- Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot
RG- Vernon Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

Unless Seth McKinney improves tremendously, which is possibly under the coaching of Houck... I don't feel comfortable with him in the starting lineup and I also would like to have Carey and Hadnot starting if Hadnot would be best suited for C.

This would be the ideal lineup in terms of having what i believe is the most talent on the field. Not sure if it will play out that way tho.

BTW, its McIntosh(not sure if u made a spelling error or not)
 

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
22,035
Reaction score
1,128
Location
Maryland
Rich22 said:
I'd say Carey has to start or Spielman will go down as one of the worst GM's in a long long time. This guy is huge and IMO he can dominate inside. He's athletic so he could pull on sweeps. I can't see how he can sit another year - their talent was not that good last year to warrant him on the bench - no way!

Can't say Speilman will go down as one of the worst, in recent memory, it has to be the guy who drafted Leaf. Hadnot is turning out to be a stud. Carey still has a chance, and with Poole, Bua, Pope, and Pape showing signs, that could be one of our better drafts in a long time. They still have another year to go before judgement is made, but all signs says these guys have great potential. Heck, all of them except Pape have contributed to this team.
 

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
6,948
Reaction score
4
Location
Maryland
Jimi said:
This would be the ideal lineup in terms of having what i believe is the most talent on the field. Not sure if it will play out that way tho.

BTW, its McIntosh(not sure if u made a spelling error or not)
Yeah, definitely a spelling error. :lol:
 

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,177
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Talk about who is going to land where at this point is well...pointless.


New coaching staff is going to play the 5 best guys period where they can put them. Wanny isn't here to subject us with playing his favorites/draft picks/contract signings anymore.
 

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
36,436
Reaction score
49
Age
55
Location
Belgium
I am concerned about Seth McKinney at the Center spot...Rex Hadnot should be able to battle him for it.....hope Saban can maybe acquire a Center before the season starts from the cut list....but Hudson Hauck should whip the guys into shape. :)
 
Top Bottom