In love with this deal! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In love with this deal!

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Best case scenario we just found the next Tom Brady. Pretty much the same situation in college, and 5-1 as a starter. Three years under Reid who has a record of bringing up great QBs. Worked with Farve, Hasslebach, and Mcnabb. He had no offense when he went 5-1. No one near the talent that CC, Williams, and Micmichael have. Then you throw in the fact that he will save us 5 million against the cap since we now have someone that can start right away, and cut Jay and Brian.

Worst case scenario he puts up Jay like numbers, and we save alot of money against the cap.

I can't say it enough I love this deal!

So are you back in the saddle again, buddy?? :)

PS this move can put us in a situation to actully make a run at Owens. The cap savings with Brian and Jay gone puts us at least even with the cap. If a few guys restructure, Owens could be a possibility. i don't care who the QB is with CC, Owens, Ricky, and Randy, and what ever o-lineman we draft. If that actully happens Dave might not even able to screw this up.

Originally posted by Muck
So are you back in the saddle again, buddy?? :)

Yeah I must say I am pretty excited about this deal. I am still not liking the lack of changes at the top, but if we add a big name WR in free agency and draft a quality o-lineman life will be good in Dolphin country.

Personally, I'd like for us to use this new space to go gung-ho after offensive lineman. Ricky is still the catalyst of this offense. It's time to start letting him get into the LOS without getting hit. And the longer you let a QB stand back there, the more time his WRs have to get open........and/or run their deep routes. :)

Originally posted by Dajesus

Yeah I must say I am pretty excited about this deal. I am still not liking the lack of changes at the top, but if we add a big name WR in free agency and draft a quality o-lineman life will be good in Dolphin country.

I say draft one of these WR's since it's a deep WR class and spend our money on the offensive line since it's considered a weak offensive line draft.

I'd be amazed though if someone gave up a 1st/3rd for Ogun cause then we'd be laughing draft wise. Could draft the best offensive linemen with the first pick then take one of the quality WR's that drop to the 2nd pick. Then with the 3rd rounders we could go DE (if we don't bring in another vet to compete for the vacated ogun spot) or safety or more offensive line.

Pieces are falling in place. I really want to see us go hard after Jeno James though.

why would owens come here, he already had issues with garcia, and this guy is less experienced and unproven...

Owens listed teams and QB's he would love to play for and the Phins was not on his list.

Originally posted by Dajesus
PS this move can put us in a situation to actully make a run at Owens. The cap savings with Brian and Jay gone puts us at least even with the cap. If a few guys restructure, Owens could be a possibility. i don't care who the QB is with CC, Owens, Ricky, and Randy, and what ever o-lineman we draft. If that actully happens Dave might not even able to screw this up.

Still need to tender RFAs and EFAs and the cap savings from releasing Fiedler is going to Feeley ($1 million amortization plus salary likely to be $455,000 ----> cap hit of $1.455 million)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

Still need to tender RFAs and EFAs and the cap savings from releasing Fiedler is going to Feeley ($1 million amortization plus salary likely to be $455,000 ----> cap hit of $1.455 million)

I know you are the cap ologist, but you are wrong on Feidler. He gets a 3 mill signing bonus on march 3rd thus the urgency to get a QB by that dead line. His base salary balloons up to about 3 mill this season. His signing bonus since most of it was roster bonus should only take away about 1 mill of the six thus the savings is between 4-5 mill. Brian's salary is based on a roster bonus and a balloon of his base salary so the savings of releasing him is between 3-4 mill. Put Feely's 1.5 mill cap # and it saves the fins between 7-9 mill.

Fiedler has a $2 million option that activates 2006 and it's due mid-April

Cap savings for Fiedler: little over $3 million if the $2 million option counts on cap OR a little over $1 million if it doesn't. It's still the same net number overall.

Actually, Owens would love to play football with AJ Feeley. Feeley throws a great deep ball.

Owens wouldn't like to be in an offense where Ricky Williams, and not TO, is the focal point.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Fiedler has a $2 million option that activates 2006 and it's due mid-April

Cap savings for Fiedler: little over $3 million if the $2 million option counts on cap OR a little over $1 million if it doesn't. It's still the same net number overall.

Feidler's cap number for 2004 from ESPN.com by John Clayton.

The door is being left open for Fiedler to return to Miami, albeit at a reduced salary. Fiedler is due a $2 million option bonus on April 5 that the Dolphins will not want to pay if they acquire Feeley. Fiedler also has $3.7 million base salary for 2004.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1741558

So as you see he will save us 5.7 mill. Take away about a million that would be signing bonus, and he would save us 4.7.

Plz and i mean plz dont compare feeley to tom brady. Compare him to Jay fielder cuz that all i see. Tom brady doesnt go 4-1 with 5TD's and 6 INT's

Tom Brady: Great arm, Great field vision, Great decison maker. Tom brady didnt get sacked in the entire post season. More TD's then INT's. I think he went 20and8

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by fellows
Plz and i mean plz dont compare feeley to tom brady. Compare him to Jay fielder cuz that all i see. Tom brady doesnt go 4-1 with 5TD's and 6 INT's

Tom Brady: Great arm, Great field vision, Great decison maker. Tom brady didnt get sacked in the entire post season. More TD's then INT's. I think he went 20and8

I simply said "best case scenario" we could find a Tom Brady. "That they had very similar college expeirences." They both got benched for was what thought to be a better younger QB at their schools. If you would have read the rest I said worst case scenario he will be like Jay. I didn't compare him to anyone, I said he could have a chance to be like someone. Big differince there Cochease!

PS Sorry I made fun of your boy freind Tom, it will never happen again.

Back
Top Bottom