In love with this deal! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In love with this deal!

Originally posted by fellows
Plz and i mean plz dont compare feeley to tom brady. Compare him to Jay fielder cuz that all i see. Tom brady doesnt go 4-1 with 5TD's and 6 INT's

Tom Brady: Great arm, Great field vision, Great decison maker. Tom brady didnt get sacked in the entire post season. More TD's then INT's. I think he went 20and8

Well whopity doo for you. Gosh since that's "all you see" I guess we should all just bow down and worship your posts.

You can't even get AJ's stats correct, why should we listen to your posts?

6TD's and 5int's. This from a guy who was third string in 2002, and thrown into the fire with a team on a playoff run.

Take a breath, and study the game enough to at least get the stats correct.

geez.

I like the trade as well. I mean i gotta agree ..worse case scenario is we miss the playoffs...again, and all we did was boot jay( which is something the fans were calling for) , and save some money for the cap. Good trade...period. Maybe well still take losman or schaub in the 2nd or third also? I mean with Feely and Sage we still need someone else right? I guess well see.

Originally posted by fellows
Plz and i mean plz dont compare feeley to tom brady. Compare him to Jay fielder cuz that all i see. Tom brady doesnt go 4-1 with 5TD's and 6 INT's

Tom Brady: Great arm, Great field vision, Great decison maker. Tom brady didnt get sacked in the entire post season. More TD's then INT's. I think he went 20and8

Tom Brady's first 5 games as a starter:
Won 3, Lost 2
159 pass att, 99 comp (62%), 1023 yds (6.43 YPA), 7 TD, 5 NT, 10 sks, 87.5 % QBR

AJ first 5 games as a starter:
Won 4, Lost 1
151 pass att, 83 comp (55%), 994 yds (6.58 YPA), 5 TD, INT, 4 sks, 72% QBR...

In some areas like wins, YPA, sacks taken are better than T. Brady's when he started...

[EDITED]- One more important fact I forgot is that AJ had ONE MORE win than Brady in his first 5 games...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dajesus
Best case scenario we just found the next Tom Brady. Pretty much the same situation in college, and 5-1 as a starter. Three years under Reid who has a record of bringing up great QBs. Worked with Farve, Hasslebach, and Mcnabb. He had no offense when he went 5-1. No one near the talent that CC, Williams, and Micmichael have. Then you throw in the fact that he will save us 5 million against the cap since we now have someone that can start right away, and cut Jay and Brian.

Worst case scenario he puts up Jay like numbers, and we save alot of money against the cap.

I can't say it enough I love this deal!

As of now, I like the cap situation and thats about it. I suppose you never know but I'm far from in love with the deal.

i really like this trade, actually....for the same reasons the guy who started this post said. We cant do much worse then Fielder, and AJs looked good in the games hes started (why he was behind Detmer on the depth chart i have no idea). Also, theres always that chance we could unearth a gem, and scouts have been talking like this guy could well be one of those gems (up there with Brady, Delhomme, etc.). Plus it costs us a pick next year, which sounds like its going to be a very weak draft.

Bump for dejesus' first post.....It deserves to be read again.

I don't like the trade.
A)I don't see how Feeley is an upgrade.
B)2nd round pick?WTF!
C)I would have rather take my chances in the future with Rivers or Henson.

Originally posted by minus
I don't like the trade.
A)I don't see how Feeley is an upgrade.
B)2nd round pick?WTF!
C)I would have rather take my chances in the future with Rivers or Henson.

I am not sure if he is better than Jay either. I do know Jay won't play a full 16 game schedule. I also know Jay will not take this team where we all want them to go. The biggest thing I know is Jay was going to count 5+ mill against the cap this season. If we got Henson or waited for Rivers we couldn't get rid of the 5 mill. At the very most AJ will be a slight down grade, but with the exra money we can sign a WR or O-lineman and draft one in the first round as well. It was obvious last year that QB was 1 of 3 peices missing on our offense. By aquireing AJ and cutting ties with Jay we can get 2 of the 3 at WR and o-line. Then who knows like I said best case scenario we could have just found a diamond in the rough. Worst thing that happens is we don't make the playoffs. If we paid Jay 5+mill I would not have any expectations of making the playoffs.

Originally posted by Disnardo

Tom Brady's first 5 games as a starter:
Won 3, Lost 2
159 pass att, 99 comp (62%), 1023 yds (6.43 YPA), 7 TD, 5 NT, 10 sks, 87.5 % QBR

AJ first 5 games as a starter:
Won 4, Lost 1
151 pass att, 83 comp (55%), 994 yds (6.58 YPA), 5 TD, INT, 4 sks, 72% QBR...

In some areas like wins, YPA, sacks taken are better than T. Brady's when he started...

[EDITED]- One more important fact I forgot is that AJ had ONE MORE win than Brady in his first 5 games...
The post above you says he had 6Tds and 5 ints you say he had 5Tds and 1int which one is it that is a big difference.
And i believe it was the 5 ints if not 6

Originally posted by Dajesus

I am not sure if he is better than Jay either. I do know Jay won't play a full 16 game schedule. I also know Jay will not take this team where we all want them to go. The biggest thing I know is Jay was going to count 5+ mill against the cap this season. If we got Henson or waited for Rivers we couldn't get rid of the 5 mill. At the very most AJ will be a slight down grade, but with the exra money we can sign a WR or O-lineman and draft one in the first round as well. It was obvious last year that QB was 1 of 3 peices missing on our offense. By aquireing AJ and cutting ties with Jay we can get 2 of the 3 at WR and o-line. Then who knows like I said best case scenario we could have just found a diamond in the rough. Worst thing that happens is we don't make the playoffs. If we paid Jay 5+mill I would not have any expectations of making the playoffs.

Jay needed to restructure in order to stay and he was willing to.The Dolphins missing playoffs has more to do with the backup QB play in the last two years.If anything now there less hope to make the playoffs but hopefully I'm wrong.You know what would have been smarter thing to do.Acquire A.J Feeley for a 4th round pick and have him battle for starting job with Jay (restructure Jay contract) not name AJ your starter.I don't see why the Dolphins needed to trade for AJ but the scenerio I mention wouldn't have been bad thing at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom