In Other News, It Is Reported That The Sun Is Bright And The Sky Is Blue | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In Other News, It Is Reported That The Sun Is Bright And The Sky Is Blue

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_10493065.jpg

Dolphins' O-line ranked near the bottom according to PFF\\

The Dolphins all season had offensive line issues. That’s likely why their unit ranked near the bottom of the NFL, according to Pro Football Focus.

PFF recently ranked all 32 offensive lines in the league, and the Dolphins placed 31st out of 32 teams.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...line-ranked-near-the-bottom-according-to-pff/

even with one of the best LT's in the game, and an above average RT.

Really goes to show how bad the interior was. And by interior I mean LG and RG, because Swanson was good.

A shame cause they looked pretty promising with Sitton and Kilgore in there. But if the success of your o-line relies on all five starters staying healthy for 16 games, you’re doomed to fail. The depth just isn’t there, and it’s a result of drafting people like Billy Turner, Dallas Thomas, Jamil Douglas, Asiata, etc. Too many whiffs at a position of dire need over the years.

How do you win 7 games while being ranked last in like everything and a butt load of injuries?

To be fair we beat the raiders, the patriots on a miracle, and the jets twice
And the bears on a missed FG and the bills on a dropped TD pass.

What the hell, let’s go another year with the worst QB in the league courtesy of PFF.

Reactions: A1.
And the bears on a missed FG and the bills on a dropped TD pass.

What the hell, let’s go another year with the worst QB in the league courtesy of PFF.

I don't normally get too caught up in this bc a win is a win, but wow just in those 6 games you see just how close this thing was to actually being a 1-3 win season

I don't normally get too caught up in this bc a win is a win, but wow just in those 6 games you see just how close this thing was to actually being a 1-3 win season
It’s speaks volumes when you win games, all by single digits and your best margin of victory was 8 (twice) while your losses are all by double digits except one.

How do you win 7 games while being ranked last in like everything and a butt load of injuries?

Because talent level is so condensed in the NFL. Just because you are last or near last doesn't mean you are far from the center. That's the reason you get so many wild swings in the NFL, like the Jaguars winning 10 games then 5.

It is basically half the college gap. That is a decent way to look at it. The typical power rating distance between the top ranked team and #32 is roughly 26 points. In the NFL it is typically 13 points from top to bottom of the league.

That's why I'm never impressed with fans who whine about our offensive line and insist it is not NFL caliber. It sounds dreadful to be ranked 31 out of 32. But let's say it were a swimming race you would have a flock of hands hitting the wall at almost the same time and it was mostly a technicality who touched ahead.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse dolphins team statistically. I swear we're bottom of the barrel at almost everything.

I truly believe we will be better in the future. We will get a head coach that cares and manages all three faucets of the game. We can only go up from here. To 2019 brothers!

Difference in sacks allowed throughout the league: 44

Max: 62
Low: 18

Very close

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom