In retrospect I'd rather have Fletcher over Brees!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In retrospect I'd rather have Fletcher over Brees!!

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Better than being stuck with Brees for the next 5 years!!

And I'd rather have Reggie Wayne than both of them.

Reggie Wayne's not even that good. I'd take Chad Johnson, Todd Heap, and Kendrell Bell over all of them.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Reggie Wayne's not even that good. I'd take Chad Johnson, Todd Heap, and Kendrell Bell over all of them.

Though I love Reggie from his Cane days, I have to agree. Reggie Wayne is a SOLID NFL receiver, but he isn't as good as his 2003 stats/hype lead him to be. I mean, come on.. he's playing next to Marvin Harrison!

I'd take Chad Johnson, Kendrell Bell, Reggie Wayne, Quincy Morgan, Robert Ferguson, Todd Heap, and many others over Fletcher or Brees.

:confused:

Reggie Wayne has absolutely been tearing it up this season. When he is the focus of the recieving game, he is as good as any reciever in the league. Just look at some the games he played with Manning threw him the ball 10 or so times.

Originally posted by Gonk

Reggie Wayne has absolutely been tearing it up this season. When he is the focus of the recieving game, he is as good as any reciever in the league. Just look at some the games he played with Manning threw him the ball 10 or so times.

You can throw him the ball 20 times, it doesn't matter.. Marvin Harrison will always be the main focus. I'd love to see Wayne as a #1 WR and/or without Manning.

Oh, but maybe my post was misleading. I didn't mean that I'd take Q-Morg, Ferguson, or some of the others over Wayne. But I'd DEFINATELY take Chad Johnson & Kendrell over him.

I would rather not have either Fletcher or Brees. However, the pick of Chambers in the second was excellent. If we would have taken Johnson or any other receiver in the first, we wouldn't have Chambers. I would rather have Heap and Chambers (even though we would never take a TE in the first with Gailey around and if we would take a TE in the first we wouldn't have gone WR in the second) than Fletcher and Chambers, but it is a done deal. It already happened. Get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's give credit where credit is due, Manning is the reason Wayne looks good. Put wayne on this team and he disapears into thin air.
The two best O's in the league are Indy (Manning),and KC(Green) what do these two teams have in common great QB's. You could put "almost" any wide out in their lineup's and light teams up.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
Let's give credit where credit is due, Manning is the reason Wayne looks good. Put wayne on this team and he disapears into thin air.
The two best O's in the league are Indy (Manning),and KC(Green) what do these two teams have in common great QB's. You could put "almost" any wide out in their lineup's and light teams up.

They also have REALLY GOOD offensive lines...

Well, obviously you can say it's a moot point when it's already over. I thought the point of this thread is to say who we'd rather have than who we have. Also, it's close between Johnson and Chambers regardless. Johnson has much better numbers thus far as well.

It's possible we'd have taken Chambers anyway, since the team said they thought Chambers was 1st rd talent all the way. If you wanted to go with Kendrell Bell, Shaun Rogers, Maurice Williams, Travis Henry, Lamont Jordan, and a host of other RB's we'd have been better off.

I just hope the front office learned you can get very good nickel corners later on in the draft. We will need one next year, or at the very latest the year after.

O-lineman were very slim that year BTW.

I am going to restate the point I have made since that draft pick. I wanted Breez, but if the coaching staff was going to take a CB why not take the best one on the board in Fred Smoot. Pre draft he was the highest rated cb in the draft, but problems stemming from him being at a party where 1 joint was present made him fall to the 2nd round, but if charicter was an issue then why did we look past Jamar getting suspended for takeing free shoes from a foot locker. I am willing to bet my new car that more of us have been at a party with 1 joint present than those of us who got free shoes from foot locker. Hind sight is 20-20, so it doesn't really matter. All that does matter that is our D is playing great, and if our offense can catch up we have as good as chance as any other team to go all the way.

Smoot was rated higher by some people, but not everyone. Smoot had very questionable tackling skills. Some coaches place a great deal of importance on that. Fletcher was rated as one of the best college players ever. I don't know that you can assume that the reason Fletcher was taken over Smoot was the joint. Its possible that Miami had Fletcher rated higher than Smoot all along.

he has been playing decently at times....but he is FAR from consistant. Remember the hype early this year after his 100+ yard, 2 TD game? what did he do in the games before or the game following? not much. He can be good, but he isnt all that great at the seperation game and has a problem getting open against a quality corner. Meaning if a team has more than one...he's in trouble. This could be good news for us, as long as we dont turn into Tampa in the 4th quarter! :D

Back
Top Bottom