in your opinion, does the running back make a good o-line or vice-versa | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

in your opinion, does the running back make a good o-line or vice-versa

northstar

Starter
Reaction score
i think the o-line makes a good rb. the ol creates the holes for the rb to run through and if its not there hes a gonner against a good D

Neither. If the RB sucks, it doesn't matter how good the o-line sucks. If the o-line sucks, the RB won't be able to do anything. You can't just stick a good back behind a crappy offensive line, or vice versa.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
A decent O-line makes a good RB GREAT....

I agree on this, i think an oline that can block their defenders for atleast 3 seconds and make a hole is enough time for a great runningbakc to get through it and have a good gain..

Now, just imagine, Ricky is a GREAT RB... what if we put him behind a GOOD offensive line... not a great one... just a good one. 2000 yards? Easy.

I think it can go either way.....I don't think Emmitt would've been that great without the offensive line he had.....And Barry Sanders was one of the best behind a bad offensive line.

Any rb can run behind KC offensive line and early 90's Cowboys oline..

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Neither. If the RB sucks, it doesn't matter how good the o-line sucks. If the o-line sucks, the RB won't be able to do anything. You can't just stick a good back behind a crappy offensive line, or vice versa.

But you can put a good running back behind a great offensive line and make him a great running back. Also, the great ones are great behind bad offensive lines as well.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
Now, just imagine, Ricky is a GREAT RB... what if we put him behind a GOOD offensive line... not a great one... just a good one. 2000 yards? Easy.

2,000 yards easy? You must think he's the best back in the history of the NFL because 2,000 yards hasn't been easy for anyone. Now i think if you put barry sanders behind a great line like the cowboys of the early 90's....he could get 2,000 easy. But he was the best pure runner IMO...I wouldn't say that about any other back.

Originally posted by Saint Greg
I think it can go either way.....I don't think Emmitt would've been that great without the offensive line he had.....And Barry Sanders was one of the best behind a bad offensive line.

Actually those Lion O-lines were not so shabby as they certainly produced their fare share of pro bowlers. They were never as good as the lines Emmitt ran behind in Dallas but were never that bad.

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan

Actually those Lion O-lines were not so shabby as they certainly produced their fare share of pro bowlers. They were never as good as the lines Emmitt ran behind in Dallas but were never that bad.

I don't think a pro bowler or two makes a line great....the lion O-lines were average at best IMO. If a couple good players on the OL makes a great line.....then ricky ran behind a great line in N.O.....Turley and Roaf were one of the best tackle combos in the league....but i didn't consider us to have a great line....our guards were average....our center was solid.

Were talking about mortals, so Barry doesn't really count in the conversation. ;)

I don't think a pro bowler or two makes a line great....the lion O-lines were average at best IMO. If a couple good players on the OL makes a great line.....then ricky ran behind a great line in N.O.....Turley and Roaf were one of the best tackle combos in the league....but i didn't consider us to have a great line....our guards were average....our center was solid.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom