in your opinion, does the running back make a good o-line or vice-versa | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

in your opinion, does the running back make a good o-line or vice-versa

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
A decent O-line makes a good RB GREAT....

I agree also. An example would be KC. Holmes is a goood back but the top back in the league:lol: His line is MASSIVE.

A running back will make a line as long as they are DECENT, just like the Phins OL last year.

Originally posted by minus

Actually he was starter just lost his job due to inury and Ravens coaching staff thought Lewis was the better back.

He wasn't the starter at the beginning of 98.....that was errict rhett. He did take over the job at some point in the season though. In 99 he injured his knee....in 2000 they drafted Jamal Lewis....There was no season where he was the "full-time" starter.

Originally posted by lauderdale
What about the FB? Sanders ran most of time time out of the 1 back set while other RB's like Smith had Pro Bowl FB's to lead block.

Good point, I thought about that the other day and back in the dark ages (before I had Sunday NFL ticket) watching the Lions games when Ross put the FB in front of Barry it actually seemed like the FB was just in his way.:lol:

Originally posted by Saint Greg

He wasn't the starter at the beginning of 98.....that was errict rhett. He did take over the job at some point in the season though. In 99 he injured his knee....in 2000 they drafted Jamal Lewis....There was no season where he was the "full-time" starter.

but he was the name the "starting RB" but injuries like I said.

but he was the name the "starting RB" but injuries like I said.

Well i said "full-time" starter. He never went an entire season in baltimore as the starter...had he done so, his numbers would've been right up there with his KC numbers.

Originally posted by Saint Greg

Well i said "full-time" starter. He never went an entire season in baltimore as the starter...had he done so, his numbers would've been right up there with his KC numbers.

I really doubt that....Is alot different playing a couple of games compared to all 16 games.You just can tell me because he had 5.4 avg that he would had maintain that average.

I really doubt that....Is alot different playing a couple of games compared to all 16 games.You just can tell me because he had 5.4 avg that he would had maintain that average.

Well i guess that's a matter of opinion.....can't really be proved. He did start 13 games in 1998....19 starts over a 3 year period with over 2,000 yards.

What about Marshall Faulk? I mean, he was good in Indy... but once Vermeil implemented that system he was the ****... it just seems like thats the EXACT same thing that happened with Priest... maybe for these guys we should look at the system... Vermeil is turning these good rb's into phenom's... but I think Faulk has started slacking in the years following vermeil's departure, except for the year after vermeil left (Faulk was league MVP).

Back
Top Bottom