Infirmary Report from Week 16 (Miami Dolphins) per CBS Sports | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Infirmary Report from Week 16 (Miami Dolphins) per CBS Sports

PASQUALE

Seasoned Veteran
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Evan Boehm G Mon, Dec 23
High Ankle Sprain
Doubtful for Week 17 at New England

Taco Charlton DE Mon, Dec 23
Ankle Sprain (did not play Week 16)
Questionable for Week 17 at New England

Chandler Cox FB Mon, Dec 23
AC Joint
Doubtful for Week 17 at New England

Allen Hurns WR Mon, Dec 23
Shoulder Blade Contusion
Questionable/Doubtful for Week 17 at New England

Vince Biegel LB Mon, Dec 23
Elbow Flexor Bone Bruise
Questionable/Doubtful for Week 17 at New England

Myles Gaskin RB Mon, Dec 23
Broken Ankle
IR Out for Week 17 at New England

Jomal Wiltz CB Mon, Dec 23
3rd Degree Separated Shoulder
IR Out for Week 17 at New England

We possibly lost 3 or 4 players to significant injury yesterday. So will be scouring the waiver wires and practice squads for a Running Back, Cornerback, LB, and WR. Or bring up some of our own.

Man ole man what a mash unit we have this year.

Dang, we took some blows these last couple weeks

sucks Gaskin broke the ankle

It does suck. The way it was broken makes it look like there could be major soft tissue damage as well. Looked like it got totally turned the wrong way with lots of weight over it, then finally snapped.

After high level quarterback play, overall team health is the key factor for success late in the season and in the playoffs. Even if the Dolphins were competitive this year, they would be sputtering to the finish line with these injuries. When you’re losing four guys a game to potentially season ending injuries, you’ll never sustain anything long term unless Tom Brady is you’re quarterback. I really think there’s something other than luck that contributes to the Dolphins fragile roster. Maybe Ross needs to hire some drill sergeants instead of sport scientists to run strength and conditioning. There’s been teams this year, take Buffalo for instance, that have been freakishly healthy. They had weeks earlier in the year where no one was on the injury report.

Effort, toughness, discipline, coaching, luck? (Not necessarily in that order).

I'll offer blasphemy . . . this team has more talent than many like to admit. No, not All-Pro or future HOF, but coaching, by itself, can't get "scrubs" to 4-4 in the last 8 games. There are a number of starters this year who will be starters next year.

After high level quarterback play, overall team health is the key factor for success late in the season and in the playoffs. Even if the Dolphins were competitive this year, they would be sputtering to the finish line with these injuries. When you’re losing four guys a game to potentially season ending injuries, you’ll never sustain anything long term unless Tom Brady is you’re quarterback. I really think there’s something other than luck that contributes to the Dolphins fragile roster. Maybe Ross needs to hire some drill sergeants instead of sport scientists to run strength and conditioning. There’s been teams this year, take Buffalo for instance, that have been freakishly healthy. They had weeks earlier in the year where no one was on the injury report.

Here's a strange thought...Maybe guys are undersized for the positions they're playing due to the state of our current roster and as a result are getting hurt playing out of position.

I'll offer blasphemy . . . this team has more talent than many like to admit. No, not All-Pro or future HOF, but coaching, by itself, can't get "scrubs" to 4-4 in the last 8 games. There are a number of starters this year who will be starters next year.
Where does "more talent than many like to admit" stack up against any good (not great) roster in the NFL? I'd say we are quite a ways behind in the talent dept.

I see gaskins time with the fins ending

Where does "more talent than many like to admit" stack up against any good (not great) roster in the NFL? I'd say we are quite a ways behind in the talent dept.

It's a matter of degree. FH has seen posters say there are only 4-5 guys who will start next year or the team is still a dumpster fire. I disagree. To beat a dead horse, all 32 teams have a LOT of average players starting. Miami has a LOT of average players. The problem in Miami (and all bad teams) isn't average players, it's those in the bottom 10 at their position.
I'm not arguing Miami has as much talent as anyone, but this seeming myth other teams have 22 HOFrs blinds them to the reality of what a talented team is.

Back
Top Bottom