Injuries Are No Excuse......

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NYC#1finsfan, Apr 28, 2019.

1. NYC#1finsfan

NYC#1finsfan #1DandyDanFan Donator

Let the flaming begin, so be it. I live in the home town of the NY Yankees, who have been absolutely decimated with injuries and continue to win with minor leaguers. I’m a bigger Dolphins fan and it pains me to watch them crumble once the injury bug hits them. Obviously the depth of these two organizations are quite different though I often wish that my Dolphins would be more like the Yankees in every way. For heavens sake Stephen Ross is a New Yorker and should understand that losing is unacceptable in NY. This mantra should be carried with him to South Florida. Build some quality depth fellas.........

2. REAL DEAL

REAL DEAL Seasoned Veteran Finheaven VIP Donator

This has everything to do with having quality backups so that an injured players place can be taken by the next man up. Miami has failed in the pass to do this because of inconsistent draft days.

3. Digital

Digital Starter Finheaven VIP

Bill Parcells was always fond of saying "The best ability is availability." He absolutely abhorred guys missing time on the training table. Ironically, he also over-worked guys in the offseason and they complained that it shortened their careers … but Parcells always got the most out of them during the season.

Our new LG, Michael Deiter, set the ironman record at the best school for offensive linemen, Wisconsin, with 54 consecutive starts. He was quoted as saying the key is knowing when you're injured and when you're just hurt. Good news … he's a good OL and very dependable. That'll go a long way towards rebuilding our OL.

Danny, tay0365 and russianbear like this.
  4. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

Injuries in a 162 games season are alot more forgiving than injuries in a 16 games season... There's really no comparison here...

5. AdamC13

AdamC13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I think we are still 0-0 having yet to play a game this year and not sure who is using injuries as an excuse for not getting a win yet.

In relevant news the Dolphins did pick up some players in the draft and traded for a QB the past couple of days.

dolphintodd likes this.
  6. finfan41

finfan41 Rookie Finheaven VIP

plus football don't have minor league players who you can bring up

7. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

Baseball doesn't have an NFL-like or NBA-like salary cap. If baseball had a salary cap the Yankee's roster would look very different.

Fintastic17 and NBP81 like this.
  8. bradmcnutt13

bradmcnutt13 A True Fan

Quality backups? LOL. We need some quality starters first.

PhxSunFan34 and NBP81 like this.
  9. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

Football players routinely play with injuries that would cause baseball players to miss a month (which is a quarter of the NFL regular season)

10. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

I don’t think they’ll be used as an excuse in 2019. I think the expectation is we’ll lose with or without them.

11. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 No Soup For You Finheaven VIP

You can’t compare baseball and football teams depth charts. Baseball has no salary cap and a minor league system. Most football teams have depth issues to varying degrees.

12. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

You know what could really help? If we stopped getting free agents with injury history and the same for drafting players that have been hurt.
    Look at this list of players,
    Hayes
    Sitton
    Amendola
    Parker
    Jordan

Those are just some of the guys we've gotten in either free agency or the draft and they were all injured before we got them. I know players can always get hurt but in the past we liked to get this type of players thinking they would not get hurt again but they did.

Stop getting these type of players we won't have so many injuries during the season.

NYC#1finsfan likes this.
  13. meatpardle

meatpardle Well-Known Member

Every team wants better depth, some are just better than others at doing so. I don't see what Stephen Ross being from New York has to do with it, it's not as if it's some kind of secret approach that only someone with insider knowledge can come up with.

As mentioned by others the comparison between sports is irrelevant.

14. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The Fitzpatrickiest team in the NFL Finheaven VIP

New York base sports owners all meet in secret to discuss how to build a roster...Ross just never attends. Apparently.

15. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

That's a lot to digest. First, even teams like GB, NE, PIT lose games if injuries accumulate and/or 2-3 critical players go down. Second, teams with few top players suffer more.
    But, mostly, remember Gase and company had Miami in the hunt with 3 games left IN SPITE of injuries. And every reasonable person will agree at least 2 of those games were lost largely due to poor coaching.
    Yes, teams can overcome 'typical' injuries, but not when combined with Gase/Burke