Innnnnnnnn CAP HELL!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Innnnnnnnn CAP HELL!!

Megatron

The POFO bully.
Reaction score
Hey has it dawned on anyone here that we are teetering on the edge of CAP HELL? I mean come on you guys, there are teams with tens of millions of cap space already and we are barely under. Do you maybe think that's why we aren't jumping on free agents, like a fat kid jumps on a Smartie.

Megatron said:
Hey has it dawned on anyone here that we are teetering on the edge of CAP HELL? I mean come on you guys there are teams with tens of millions of cap space already and we are barely under. Do you maybe think that why we aren't jumping on free agents, like a fat kid jumps on a Smartie.
not really man... sorting out surtain, mcintosh, boston and seau is gna save close to 10 mil...

Saban needs time to sort the cap out... he aint gna pay people loads of money.

Megatron said:
Hey has it dawned on anyone here that we are teetering on the edge of CAP HELL? I mean come on you guys, there are teams with tens of millions of cap space already and we are barely under. Do you maybe think that's why we aren't jumping on free agents, like a fat kid jumps on a Smartie.

I know that the limited cap space at this stage of the game might be an area of concern but I don't think it's all that much to worry about. We still have over a month of FA left and contracts / releases to make. I believe 100% that we will be in great shape in a few weeks and have a better picture of where we stand.

Not to worry, my friend...

finsnchips said:
not really man... sorting out surtain, mcintosh, boston and seau is gna save close to 10 mil...

Saban needs time to sort the cap out... he aint gna pay people loads of money.
But that sorting has yet to be done. We still have people on here thinking Saban has dropped the ball by not running after every free-agent available.

We can clear cap space quickly with McIntosh, Boston and Seau. We just need to make a decision on these fast and we will have money to spend. That doesnt even include Surtain, we arent in great shape right now, but we can fix it.

I'm not sure why we haven't signed, or even made any offers to anyone. I guess Saban doesn't really care about improving this team through FA.....

PS. From what I've heard today, the Raiders were 10 million over the cap before they struck a deal and signed RB L. Jordan. Where were we???.... :yell:

PHINZ RULE!!!! :evil:

Celtkin said:
I know that the limited cap space at this stage of the game might be an area of concern but I don't think it's all that much to worry about. We still have over a month of FA left and contracts / releases to make. I believe 100% that we will be in great shape in a few weeks and have a better picture of where we stand.

Not to worry, my friend...
I'm not worried that we will get our cap in order for this year, I just want people to know that it is in rough shape in comparison to some teams.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I'm not sure why we haven't signed, or even made any offers to anyone. I guess Saban doesn't really care about improving this team through FA.....

PS. From what I've heard today, the Raiders were 10 million over the cap before they struck a deal and signed RB L. Jordan. Where were we???.... :yell:

Their GM is clearly an idiot and thinks they have a chance to contend this year.

I don't know if we are actually in cap hell. We could be way under the cap if we really wanted to. Right now the biggest reason that we are not signing FA is that we are trying to right the ship so that we are not strapped in the coming years. Saban is trying to clean up the mess made by Wanny and that takes time. We have to get as many players on this team to fill all of the holes, but we can't spend a lot of money on any individual player. We have to slowly go threw FA and find value where ever we can. A process takes time and it would only get worse if we through money at some big name players right away.

BLITZKRIEG said:

Why do you continue to bash Saban? If you want a team that is going to be busy in FA, then you should rethink about being a Phins fan. Get use to the way this offseason is going, that's the way it's gonna go from now on.

well yeah... the vikes are 36 mil under the cap... its called cap management and looking to the future, not just scraping under the cap each year and waiting to worry about the following year when in comes around.

BLITZKRIEG said:

yeah, clearly he doesnt want to improve the team in FA :shakeno:

Megatron said:
I'm not worried that we will get our cap in order for this year, I just want people to know that it is in rough shape in comparison to some teams.

Ahhhh, but we have something that other teams don't have....We have Saban and a renewed hope for the future.

Anyway, Saban has made it clear that he intends to build the team through the draft and inferred that he will use FA to patch the holes.

bfishusi said:
I don't know if we are actually in cap hell. We could be way under the cap if we really wanted to. Right now the biggest reason that we are not signing FA is that we are trying to right the ship so that we are not strapped in the coming years. Saban is trying to clean up the mess made by Wanny and that takes time. We have to get as many players on this team to fill all of the holes, but we can't spend a lot of money on any individual player. We have to slowly go through FA and find value where ever we can. A process takes time and it would only get worse if we through money at some big name players right away.

Thank you for this level headed post. I wish I could sticky it at the top of the board.:)

BLITZKRIEG said:

So if we throw a boatload of money at Jordan, who do we pick up to fill holes at DE, S, LB, DT, and OL help? When you have limited cap space and many holes, you have to spread your money out and maybe even save some of it for next year.

Back
Top Bottom