Inside The Dolphins’ Impressive Goal-line Stand — And Why It’s A Great Sign For 2019 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Inside The Dolphins’ Impressive Goal-line Stand — And Why It’s A Great Sign For 2019

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
images

“I just asked him, ‘Are we full speed? I’m ready,’ ” Taylor later explained. “He told us before practice we were full speed. I was just making sure because I don’t want to come off on nobody and get in trouble.”

Yup, Flores said. Go for it.

Did Taylor ever. He blew up the Dolphins’ offensive line and put quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick on his butt, helping the defense keep the offense out of the end zone.

“That’s when you’ve got to put on your big-boy pants,” Taylor said. “I love goal line. I feel like it’s good for an offense and defense to go out there and compete. One thing I like about Coach Flo is, he makes it live but makes sure we’re taking care of each other.”

Added linebacker Raekwon McMillan: “Defense, we bought the intensity today on goal line. That’s how you finish off practice. Ain’t nothing else to it. Just got to finish.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article233156212.html

We have been so soft for so long, it will be so fun to actually watch this team impose its will on there opponent for a change. I sure hope all this new Toughness carries over when things get Real, soon. FinsUp

Every offensive line in the NFL doesn't get the rep's and contact it needs to develop, we may not know exactly what we have with ours is until halfway thru the season.

Both Godchaux and Taylor seem to be working out, excellent late round picks

Taylor jumped off the screen on a few different occasions last season. He is big and menacing and he'll take your QB and toss him like a rag doll. We doubled up on low round DTs and basically hit it out of the park. Godcheaux and Taylor are both ascending players on Miami's defense and I expect them both to take a step forward in their development under superior coaching and scheme. I can't wait to see the impact of Christian Wilkins on our DL. We're very young at DT and that's a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom