inside the nfl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

inside the nfl

stan marino

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did anyone see Dan the man doin a commentary on turf toe?? Chris Collinsworth(the pencil necked geek) is laughing in the back ground the whole time!!! What a sh_t!!! How can Dan bring this subject up and not even mention his former teammate OJ???

Maybe I'm wrong...

... but I'm not sure OJ had turf toe, and when he did get his toe injury I don't think Marino was with the team anymore. It's a scary thought, but maybe he didn't know about it?

Oliver...

Originally posted by stan marino
Did anyone see Dan the man doin a commentary on turf toe?? Chris Collinsworth(the pencil necked geek) is laughing in the back ground the whole time!!! What a sh_t!!! How can Dan bring this subject up and not even mention his former teammate OJ???

I was under the impression it was turf toe??? Does anyone know for sure??

It was ligament damage but I'm not sure if THAT IS considered turf toe or not. All I know for sure is that he played on it when he shouldn't have and that resulted in the damage being worse than it could have been.

Oliver---I think OJ originally hurt his toe in '99, Dan would have to know about it, so it probably wasn't turf toe.

I remember hearing a few articles referring to OJ's original injury as 'turf toe'. However, with the way that both Dan and OJ departed from the Dolphins, perhaps Dan talking about McDuffie's career ending foot problems may have been opening a can of worms. Just a thought.

toes................

i had always read it was ligament damage.

that is why they call him TOE-J.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE POPE ON THE END OF A ROPE, DO YOU THINK HE'S A FOOL?

black sabbath

I got this from a sports injury site.......

"What is Turf Toe?

Turf toe can occur after a very vigorous upward bending of the big toe. It got it's name due to the fact that it occurs frequently in people who play games on artificial surfaces. The shoe grips hard on the surface and sticks causing bodyweight to go forward and so bending the toe up. It is also common in martial arts. You are more at risk if you have increased range of motion in the ankle and / or wear soft flexible shoes.

When the toe is bent upwards this causes damage to the ligaments which can become stretched. In addition the surfaces of the bones at the joint can become damaged. You should really have an X-ray to check if a bone has not been broken.
"

O.J. got his in 1999 in a game at Indy I believe. Turf Toe sounds kinda wimpy. But it ended the careers of guys like Deion Sanders and Jack Ham, as well as O.J.

A doctor on Inside NFL gave the same description for turf toe as what Muck posted...It seems very painful..and basically that's what's was reported as OJ's problem..

i have a broken toe right now and that $h!t is painful to walk. You can't do $h!t for 6-8 weeks. Ill never argue with a player who has toe problem ever again.

Toes are important, no doubt...

... I had a huge burglar bar door fall on my right big toe before, SPLAT. It's amazing how much you need that one big toe just to walk, let alone to play football in the NFL.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ronnie_augs
i have a broken toe right now and that $h!t is painful to walk. You can't do $h!t for 6-8 weeks. Ill never argue with a player who has toe problem ever again.

A real shame with OJ. Played with heart and he was fearless over the middle. Soft hands and a good guy.

He deserved better.

Well I disagree...

... he chose poorly, he could have easily gone and looked for a 2nd opinion, he didn't. It seems to me he wanted to play as much as they wanted him to play. No player in the NFL these days plays if they don't want to play. The players association runs the NFL these days.

OJ was a GREAT SLOT WR, and Mr. 3rd down, he is one of my all-time FAV Dolphin players.

Oliver...

Originally posted by PhinKev
A real shame with OJ. Played with heart and he was fearless over the middle. Soft hands and a good guy.

He deserved better.

Back
Top Bottom