Insider Look At Miami Dolphins Sixth Round Draft Pick Cornell Armstrong | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Insider Look At Miami Dolphins Sixth Round Draft Pick Cornell Armstrong

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usa_today_9702535.0.jpg

What is his ceiling? Floor?
Here’s the way I see it: OurLads has him as the ninth-best corner on the Dolphins right now, and I guess that’s fair considering they probably hadn’t seen too much of him before the draft. But I think pretty quickly he’ll show that he’s better than that. That being said I’m not expecting him to be a starter, at least not for a few years or make a pro bowl or anything like that. So I guess ceiling: occasional starter, fairly reliable depth guy. His floor: gets some time at special teams and then disappears from the league in a few years. Nothing against the guy, but that seems to be how it goes.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/5...hins-sixth-round-draft-pick-cornell-armstrong

Wow the 9th CB on the roster, we keep 5 maybe 6. Math not adding up here. I really liked the Taylor pick in the 6th round last year and Forde in the 7th. All 3 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds this year have a different feel, actually a good part of the draft did. Last year it was like we were filling holes with double and tripples in the draft and this year we were swinging for the fences. Anyway I am interested to see how these last work out especially Poling.

I get the strong impression he's got an excellent chance to land a roster spot -- if not he's 100% on PS or claimed...

Doesn't matter -- he has to prove it. But it would seem he's capable of that...

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

He looks pretty good imo. He’s got great speed and tackles well. Plus he seems to be solid in coverage. Guess we’ll see.

Nothing wrong with having some competition back there. I think he has a chance but time will tell

Odds are about as bad as it gets when you are ninth on the depth chart. Very few sixth or late round guys get the break they need. And they need a break to even get noticed usually. Saving grace is special teams and garbage time in preseason before the major cuts. Even then, you were just playing in garbage time against other late round guys. You’d have to also get lucky. Best best is often you are noticed by the team you played against who puts more emphasis on what you did when the lights were on and sees you as a no-risk shot.

Back
Top Bottom