Interest in Jon Jansen? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interest in Jon Jansen?

Are you sure about that mee? PFT is VERY reliable when it comes to matters like these. If they say he is gonna become a free agent and test the market, I say its about 85% that its going to happen......

CK...what games are you watching? Wade is not a young phenom, and in fact has become a liability against any good DE. He's gotten his lunch handed to him by every decent DE he's played. He also was not good last year.

We would be stupid to pay him alot of money when he's 2 bad years and one good one.

Jansen is an upgrade and I'll take that, Jansen is a Pro-Bowl RT btw. Just wait till the end of this season to find out.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Wade is NO phenom any more....after his rookie season i thought he was destined for the pro bowl, but now i often find myself wondering what the hell he is doing out there!!! he had a GREAT GREAT rookie year, but has been anything but a phenom since....right now i'd take jansen, no questions asked.....Wade is restricted after this year isn't he? anyway, it would be an upgrade, but at what cost?

I agree...Todd Wade hasn't made any progress since his rookie season and in fact he has regress (pass blocking)..Mckiney will be in the draft next year and what are chances of him being drafted in early in the first round? I think he might be available late in the first round.

McKinnie and Minnesota are nearing a deal that will pay McKinnie what he is slotted to get paid for being the 7th pick in the draft, minus the appropriate deductions for the fact that he didn't play half the season.

The Vikes management is caving in. Bout damn time.

Jansen at RT over Wade is not that big of an upgrade to justify the difference in their salaries...not while we're sitting with a gaping hole over at Left Tackle. Its not smart business. I would be very very surprised if they pursue ANYONE for the RT position.

This is not like when we went after Olin Kreutz. Kreutz was a guy that more than one of our personnel guys were completely familiar with, and was undisputedly year-in and year-out one of the top 2 centers in the league.

Jon Jansen definitely isn't even in the top 5 of RTs, and might not even be in the top 10.

I'm not saying they will or will not pursue him, but I am saying I can see why they'd be looking at an upgrade for the RT spot.

Turner is familiar with Jansen, he drafted him.

Yes I am pretty sure that the Skins will resign. I live in DC and I am bombarded by everything Redskin all day on sports talk radio. There is no way the Skins are gonna him go ... in fact they are trying to get a deal done in the next couple of weeks. They also realise that he wants John Runyan money and I think they are not afraid to take it to that level.

Jansen has said that he is not going to put a deadline on the negotiations ... that could mean the end of the season ... maybe .... free agent. But I would not count on it.

I'm here in Washington too and I'd say the chance of him hitting the FA market are very low. But Jansen over Wade is not that much of an upgrade? Thats crazy talk. Jansen is an all-pro right tackle. He was drafted in the same round of the draft the year before Wade, I believe. The guys just a stud.

Jansen is not near All-Pro. He's not even a Pro Bowler. Just because a guy is a perennial starter on a team and he has a tendancy not to get injured, all the sudden he's an All-Pro? If that were the case James Brown would have been considered an All-Pro before we dumped his fat @ss for Todd Wade.

I can't believe that ANYONE would call a player an "All-Pro" when that player has yet to even make the Pro Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom