Interesting Belichick article with Collier connection | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Belichick article with Collier connection

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
"Bill Belichick entered the NFL in 1975 as a special assistant with the Colts. A year later, he moved on to Detroit. In 1978, he joined the Denver Broncos. He credits Joe Collier, the Broncos' defensive coordinator at the time and the architect of the Orange Crush defense, for shaping his defensive mind. Collier ran the 3-4 scheme, something Belichick still uses at different times during games.

"You knew then there was something there even though he was only in his early 20s," said Collier, whose son, Joel, is the Dolphins' running backs coach. "He was very detailed. Paid attention. Competitive. But he was always a quiet guy."

http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.com/articles/learnssmile.htm

So the "genius" learned from our new OC's father?..interesting. If Joel Collier has learned from his father as much as Belichick has learned from him...we could be in good shape after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your REALLY reaching with that corellation.

Hell Don Shula = Great Coach, David Shula = Dumbass

Originally posted by t2thejz
David shula doesnt equel a dumbass,

You're right about this.

David Shula = Lousy Coach.

well, i guess that The organization knows something about Collier that we dont. Cus i dont know squat. But if he is quiet and pays attention to detail, that tells me he isnt exactly there becuase he is a dumbass.

If Kippy Brown was our OC at one point...then anyone can do it!!!

Originally posted by Stamos
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your REALLY reaching with that corellation.

Hell Don Shula = Great Coach, David Shula = Dumbass

:roflmao:

collier was promoted cause he was ebing "molded" by norv. he will run the same norv offence... I bet trestman will be inputing a play her an there to collier to make his Norv like playbook better.

Maybe since Collier's dad taught him the Defensive scheme maybe he can teach his son how to win against it. So we could finally bet the Patriots. Oh wait they still would probaly have luck on there side.

Originally posted by Brad528
Maybe since Collier's dad taught him the Defensive scheme maybe he can teach his son how to win against it. So we could finally beat the Patriots. Oh wait they still would probaly have luck on there side.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."

Thomas Jeffereson said that, but it could just as well have been Bill Belichick, or even Tom Brady. How far can you guys push this "luck" thing? After awhile doesn't it ring hollow?

Back
Top Bottom