Interesting info about how the supplemental draft is conducted | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting info about how the supplemental draft is conducted

Maggot Brain

Trade Bait
Reaction score
This came as news to me and I think it will to others as well:
Unlike the regular NFL draft, the selection order for the supplemental draft is determined by a weighted lottery. Teams are grouped into three groups: teams that won less than 6 games in 2005; other non-playoff teams; and the playoff teams. The order within each group is then determined by a weighted lottery with teams with the worst records having the best chance of having the first pick in each group. The draft is then conducted by teams interested in a player indicating which round they would take that player. The player is awarded to the team indicating the highest pick in the highest round. That team then forfeits its pick in that round at the 2007 draft.

The link: http://www.gbnreport.com/

I just wonder how they determine which player goes first. I would assume Brooks is first - so if a team doesn't get him then they can look at Dixon or Berryman.

It would stink if you have to submit your picks for all players at once. Then I guess you'd have to go with one guy - or go with more than one and possibly get stuck with multiple selections.

Back
Top Bottom