Interesting note about Jumbo Elliott and the Dolphins... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting note about Jumbo Elliott and the Dolphins...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
I found this nugget in CBS Sportsline. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Could this old fart really have helped our running game and pass protection last year as opposed to Spencer Folau? Who knows. But still its an interesting story...

Interesting note
Last year Sept. 10, the Dolphins called Jumbo Elliott and told them they want him to fly down the next day and sign to become their starting left tackle. After much talk with family and friends, Elliott decided to head south and was booked on a morning flight. Just before he was to leave for the airport, the Trade Center was attacked and, obviously, Jumbo phoned them to say forget it.

The Dolphins did not understand at the time exactly what had happened and still tried to get him to come down there Sept. 11. Not a shot. Jumbo is a Jet again.

Folau is the starting RT for the Saints. Ahead of big money FA aquisition Victor Riley (Chiefs).

I don't know what they are thinking, personally. He was really really terrible playing LT for us. And I'm not just sayin that cuz he's a no-name 3rd stringer. Watch his play. He was BAD.

Originally posted by Muck
Folau is the starting RT for the Saints. Ahead of big money FA aquisition Victor Riley (Chiefs).

Really?

Maybe Duece is better than I thought.

Jumbo is too old and had too many health (back ?) problems to be a LT. Folau was better than Jumbo would have been, unless we threw the ball to the LT ;)

I wish the Saint fans would read this and possibly shed some light on the subject.

Riley is the classic underacheiver, perfect for what New Orleans has had on their line for the last few years. Naole, Roaf, etc...have all underachieved in Nawlins.....great talent, no perfoemance. Riley fits right in.

Originally posted by Muck
I wish the Saint fans would read this and possibly shed some light on the subject.

Its true. Folau is the starting LT for the Saints. I watched some of the game yesterday (during commercial breaks of the Fins-Jets game) and there was Folau blocking for Deuce McAllister and Aaron Brooks. The Saints like him. He's been holding up well over there so far.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I don't know what they are thinking, personally. He was really really terrible playing LT for us. And I'm not just sayin that cuz he's a no-name 3rd stringer. Watch his play. He was BAD.

once again parrot, you way overstate things. Falou did not give up many sacks. did not go offsides like dixon did. and did not screw up often. he wasnt great. but what he did coming in at the last minute, i would say he was solid under the circumstances. he is probably playing a better position for himself at RT for the Saints. am i glad he is gone and we have guys who can really play LT? yes.

Back
Top Bottom