Interesting piece on 2006 draft Studs and Duds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting piece on 2006 draft Studs and Duds

Some people really aren't going to like this. How can I say Leinart will be a bust? I will tell you why. Leinart doesnt have the accuracy to succeed in the NFL. Never more was this more evident then against UCLA.
didn't read after that. frankly i don't have to. that's 100% false. he's easily the most accurate QB in the draft. he had a bad game against UCLA. that's it. he sailed a few passes early on in the texas game, but then quickly adjusted and was very accurate in the 2nd half. apparently the writer on this site only watched the UCLA game.

nfldraftblitz.com is a amateur site that has no clear knowledge of the transition of college football to the pros. I don't have any respect for such novice work.

Well lets be honest. The guy had a point. I mean look at the facts that he did not have a really strong arm and did sail his passes when some needed velocity. Yeah and when you have Lendale white and Reggie Bush in the backfield its really alot easier to play fake. Hey lets throw Reggie a 1 yard screen that he turns into a 70 yard TD. :wink: Yeah his recviers aren't that bad either. I am not saying that the guy sucks. I however don't think that he will be a great QB, But thats just saying that he had alot of talent around him and I think he is overrated.

Well I hope 15 GMs have the same idiotic notion that Leinart won't be good and hes there at 16. Hes a stud no question about it.

finfansince72 said:
Well I hope 15 GMs have the same idiotic notion that Leinart won't be good and hes there at 16. Hes a stud no question about it.

Oh yeah there are never busts in the Draft. Yeah. Sure I can't wait to whatch Ryan Leaf play. Oh wait. Yeah he does not play anymore. He was suppose to be better then Peyton Manning. There are alot of Busts in the Draft and thats just a fact.

Skeet84 said:
Oh yeah there are never busts in the Draft. Yeah. Sure I can't wait to whatch Ryan Leaf play. Oh wait. Yeah he does not play anymore. He was suppose to be better then Peyton Manning. There are alot of Busts in the Draft and thats just a fact.
really? i thought every player drafted goes to the hall of fame. what do i know.

i don't know how many people actually believed leaf was better than manning. manning was everyone's #1 consensus pick for a while. leaf was getting a lot of cutler-esque hype, with people saying "hmm, maybe this guy is better than manning!" i'm not comparing cutler to leaf, i don't see any similarities in the two at all, i'm just saying.

most assumed manning was the safest pick at QB in a long time. leaf was intriguing, but i don't know how many TRULY thought he could truly be better than manning.

besides, leaf's problem wasn't his play. it was his attitude.

i think leinart is the safest pick at QB since manning.

Skeet84 said:
...and when you have Lendale white and Reggie Bush in the backfield its really alot easier to play fake. Hey lets throw Reggie a 1 yard screen that he turns into a 70 yard TD. :wink: Yeah his recviers aren't that bad either. I am not saying that the guy sucks. I however don't think that he will be a great QB, But thats just saying that he had alot of talent around him and I think he is overrated.

totally agree - no one is saying he's a bum, but he'll be closer to a good but ordinary qb. so much talent around him, how could he not succeed? let's see how things go for him in the big easy - and it's his demeanor and his attitude that will ultimately hold him back. doesn't have that fire/drive/leadership that has made manning the qb he is.

manning had a lot of talent around him at tennessee. brady had a lot around him at michigan. and what leadership does manning have anyway?

this argument for having good players around you is ridiculous. tons of great quarterbacks had good talent around them in college. it's common sense. usually the best QBs in college were the best QBs in high school, therefore they went to the best colleges which had the best players. you'll get players like ken dorsey and jason white, but you'll also get players like carson palmer and joe montana.

7. Leon Washington RB Florida State 6-0 202 4.5
Very similar to former Florida State running back Travis Minor. Nothing exceptional about Washington. Has some speed but has not produced. The truth is in the numbers. Washington had 97carries for 429 yards.Many people will point out that he did not have the greatest offensive line. That may be true. Still he hasnt showed the ability to be a pro back. Yet many draft pundits project him as a third round pick. I would not even draft Washington. Great backs can be found in later rounds and Washington would not be a valid first day pick. At best he will be a special teams player and third team running back. Hardly worth even a fifth round pick.

8. Matt Leinart QB USC 6-4 215 4.9

Some people really aren't going to like this. How can I say Leinart will be a bust? I will tell you why. Leinart doesnt have the accuracy to succeed in the NFL. Never more was this more evident then against UCLA. In the UCLA game he consistently sailed passes and underthrew his receivers. Leinart never really had to carry his team. When things went wrong he gave the ball to Lendale White and Reggie Bush. When the running game produced results, Leinart only had to drop back and throw off the play action pass schemes.It also didn't hurt that he had Steve Smith, Dwayne Jarrett and Dominique Byrd to throw to every play. It has also been overlooked that Leinart has had elbow surgery in the past. This injury may reoccur at the pro level.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

this site is an absolute joke!

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

This sounds about right....Leinart is listed as a dud...but on the front page it say's this under his name;

An elite leader at Quarterback.

And people pay money for this....:sidelol:

people thinking he is going to be a dud is 1 thing, listing his accuracy as a reason for it is completely insane.

Yeah, while it is possible to make a case for Leinart being a possible dud, listing accuracy as a weakness is pretty stupid. I like how he only cites the UCLA game as an example...... which only happened to be BY FAR the worst game of Leinart's career. Not to mention it was really windy that day. I know 'cause I live here.

And how is Manning a better leader than Leinart? Manning hasn't won anything in his LIFE. And he threw his o-line under the bus. Yeah, AWESOME leader.

Juan Cribbs said:
manning had a lot of talent around him at tennessee. brady had a lot around him at michigan. and what leadership does manning have anyway?

this argument for having good players around you is ridiculous. tons of great quarterbacks had good talent around them in college. it's common sense. usually the best QBs in college were the best QBs in high school, therefore they went to the best colleges which had the best players. you'll get players like ken dorsey and jason white, but you'll also get players like carson palmer and joe montana.

from what i can see, most of the talent on that tennessee team was on defense. the only other volunteer on offense drafted in manning's draft year (1998) was andy mccullogh (wr - 7th round). in 1999, peerless price (wr - third round). in 2000, jamaal lewis (first round, fourth overall), which made him a freshman or a sophmore in 1998. also, you don't see any tennessee offensive lineman drafted until 2000 (chad clifton and cosey coleman in the second).

compare that to leinhart - how many guys from that usc offense are going in the first round this year? bush, leinhart, white (when was the last time you saw two rb's from the same team possibly going in the top five) and justice. lutui and matua (both at guard) have third round grades, as does dominique byrd (te). that's seven of the starting eleven potentially gone by the end of the third round. add in steve smith and dwayne jarrett at wr, and i believe two other offensive lineman (baker at OT '08 and and kalil at c '07) are first day picks, that has to be one of the most talented offenses in ncaa history. it's unbelievably awesome - in fact, how did they lose? maybe the qb got outplayed...

Back
Top Bottom