Interesting piece on 2006 draft Studs and Duds | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting piece on 2006 draft Studs and Duds

um, they lost because their defense isn't good. leinart had a great game. that defense almost lost a game against fresno state.

Juan Cribbs said:
didn't read after that. frankly i don't have to. that's 100% false. he's easily the most accurate QB in the draft. he had a bad game against UCLA. that's it. he sailed a few passes early on in the texas game, but then quickly adjusted and was very accurate in the 2nd half. apparently the writer on this site only watched the UCLA game.

From what I have seen of him, he seems to be better in the second half. Having Reggie Bush is a huge luxury. Just keep that in mind. I think Leinert is a good QB but people do not seem to bring up weaknesses with him and he certainly has them like almost all others.

LIQUID24 said:
And how is Manning a better leader than Leinart? Manning hasn't won anything in his LIFE. And he threw his o-line under the bus. Yeah, AWESOME leader.

And Leinhart went back to USC for a fifth year to take basketweaving and other life-enriching classes, and party. A lot. "A frequent guest at Playboy Mansion" was phrase I read a lot this year. Don't get me wrong, sounds like a helluva time, just doesn't sound like a guy who's driven to take on a challenge, doesn't have as much fire as you'd think, doesn't want it that much. Drafted #1 by SF in '05 sounds a bit better to me than #2 (or #3 or who knows) by NO (or Tenn or who knows), but that's just me I guess. No one is going to agree on this stuff, it's all a matter of opinion.

Skeet84 said:
Well lets be honest. The guy had a point. I mean look at the facts that he did not have a really strong arm and did sail his passes when some needed velocity. Yeah and when you have Lendale white and Reggie Bush in the backfield its really alot easier to play fake. Hey lets throw Reggie a 1 yard screen that he turns into a 70 yard TD. :wink: Yeah his recviers aren't that bad either. I am not saying that the guy sucks. I however don't think that he will be a great QB, But thats just saying that he had alot of talent around him and I think he is overrated.

I fall in line with you, but I always say wait three years and you have your true answere. Succcess in the NFL is up to the individual, not what you did in college. how do you deal with adversity? College little diff than pros.

cowtowndick said:
compare that to leinhart - how many guys from that usc offense are going in the first round this year? bush, leinhart, white (when was the last time you saw two rb's from the same team possibly going in the top five)
Last year.

Juan Cribbs said:
um, they lost because their defense isn't good. leinart had a great game. that defense almost lost a game against fresno state.

leinhart had a good game, at best - he was pretty average if not forgettable in the first half, much better in the second. the thing is, imo, with that offense USC should've put them away in the first half. and they have enough talent of defense to have won, maybe they didn't play well.

Juan Cribbs said:

Actually...the only reason they beat Fresno was Reggie Bush...if he didn't have a game like he did...USC would have lost.

I'm not big on Lienart and I don't think he'll be the stud everyone thinks he will be. I think he could be a solid starter though. He reminds me a lot of Bernie Kosar (about the same arm strength, not quite as accurate but a heady player than can make adjustments at the line of scrimmage).

leinhart had a good game, at best - he was pretty average if not forgettable in the first half, much better in the second. the thing is, imo, with that offense USC should've put them away in the first half. and they have enough talent of defense to have won, maybe they didn't play well.
leinart struggled in the first half. in fact, the half ended on back-to-back sacks by texas's defense, forcing a field goal. but what happened at the start of the 2nd half? USC threw the ball. a lot. and leinart started off (i believe) 13 for 14. this shows me the confidence the USC coaching staff has in leinart. despite their great running game, and how well texas's secondary had played, they put the ball in leinart's hands. completed 3 of 4 passes on 3rd downs. the defense has given up yards all year long. texas possessed the #1 scoring offense in the country. do the math.
Actually...the only reason they beat Fresno was Reggie Bush...if he didn't have a game like he did...USC would have lost.
i didn't dispute that. i was simply saying that if USC's defense was anything to write home about, they wouldn't have had to have a god-like performance from reggie bush to win it.

Back
Top Bottom