Interesting Question for all | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Question for all

DolFinatic718

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
"Despite continuing to have the league?s worst defense and running game, the Dolphins managed to play .500 ball 4 out of the 5 seasons. The Dolphins could not run the ball effectively to save their lives or stop any opposing offense and as a result, two things were happening almost every game. The Dolphins were playing from behind and thus forced to throw the ball 99.9% of the time. Most fans would probably agree that they would trade in all of Marino?s records for just 1 Super Bowl Trophy. But, for whatever reason, football history gave Marino immortality without a championship. But, while most fans got caught up with the impressive numbers the Dolphins passing attack produced, there were two glaring weaknesses that were ignored in 1985. Out of all the teams that made the post season, the Dolphins statistically not only had the worst running game in the playoffs, they also featured the worst defense. A deadly combination to have if a team is just trying to win games, yet alone make the playoffs. But, the fact that they were one game away from a second consecutive Super Bowl appearance without a quality running game and defense is mind-boggling."

By: Nestor Arias

-----------------------------------
This brings up a interesting question, and also an unbiased question that a fan of any team will be willing to asnwer. In today's game (now this will have to be speculation becuase to my knowledge no team has done it) what team with their current roster do you think can have the leagues worst running game, and defense, and not only play above .500 but make the playoffs? Keep in mind that the team has to be dead last in both categories (running the ball and defense) but with their current roster win games. It would be worth reading if with the team you choose, you explain how they would win games.

If any team today could do it, it would probably be the Rams IMHO.

Could not be done with today's rosters.

There is no Marino, Clayton and Duper combination.
Not to mention Nat Moore, Hardy, Nathan etc..

Everyone on that team could catch anything, and Danny could put it anywhere in an instant

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

How good did they do without Faulk?
St L was 20th in rushing and 13th in D - which is close to as good as Marino ever got it

Originally posted by dolphan39
St L was 20th in rushing and 13th in D - which is close to as good as Marino ever got it

He said last in run, not no run at all.. plus Marshall could take those swing passes and do the same as if running. I'm not saying they would do it, but I think they're the closest to being able to do it with the O they have..

Originally posted by DolFinatic718
"This brings up a interesting question, and also an unbiased question that a fan of any team will be willing to asnwer. In today's game (now this will have to be speculation becuase to my knowledge no team has done it) what team with their current roster do you think can have the leagues worst running game, and defense, and not only play above .500 but make the playoffs? Keep in mind that the team has to be dead last in both categories (running the ball and defense) but with their current roster win games. It would be worth reading if with the team you choose, you explain how they would win games.

It will never happen..

The Dolphins and Marino never did it ...

If you read the most important line in your quote, it say the worst D and running game of any PLAYOFF team...

I think you will find that feature much more attainable...

But as for statistically the worst running game and D in the entire league EVEN MAKING THE PLAYOFFS..........It never happened and never will....

:m83: END OF THREAD !!!

I agree, there is no possible way this happens with any of the current teams out there. The Bills were probably the closest to having that kind of combination last year but even they had a RB so that doesn't work.

Unless a superstar, "I can carry an entire team on my shoulders...", type QB with some really top notch receivers find ther way onto a team and have the ability to pretty much score at will, then there's no way this will ever happen.

-----------------------------------
This brings up a interesting question, and also an unbiased question that a fan of any team will be willing to asnwer. In today's game (now this will have to be speculation becuase to my knowledge no team has done it) what team with their current roster do you think can have the leagues worst running game, and defense, and not only play above .500 but make the playoffs? [/B][/QUOTE]

Considering the fact that we had THEE best rusher in the NFL along with the 3rd best D and missed the playoffs last year, I don't think it would be even close to being possible. Especially since there are more divisions now with one less WC.

Back
Top Bottom