Interesting stat about backup QBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting stat about backup QBs

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Anyone see that stat they showed during the Sunday night game just now about coaches w most wins w a backup QB?

Shula was no 1 w 34, then BB w 33. And Reid was on there w 29. That surprised me - trying to think who he did that with? Also, Landry has a lot - I don’t recall who Roger’s backup was either.

Anyone see that stat they showed during the Sunday night game just now about coaches w most wins w a backup QB?

Shula was no 1 w 34, then BB w 33. And Reid was on there w 29. That surprised me - trying to think who he did that with? Also, Landry has a lot - I don’t recall who Roger’s backup was either.

Craig Morton and Danny White

AJ Feely comes to mind. I believe he was 5-1 as a starter in Philly. Jeff Garcia might’ve won a lot of those too. Michael Vick should count as some of those Ws as well.

Mahones started a couple games when Alex Smith got hurt in 2017, no? I don’t recall his record.

AJ Feely comes to mind. I believe he was 5-1 as a starter in Philly. Jeff Garcia might’ve won a lot of those too. Michael Vick should count as some of those Ws as well.

Mahones started a couple games when Alex Smith got hurt in 2017, no? I don’t recall his record.
Ah yep Feeley did well there and Garcia too. Thanks for that!

Goes to show that coaches are more important than any player. Losing your QB hurts but it should not be a death sentence. Same for every other position on a football team.

Just read a book about the early Belichick years in New England and got reminded that - among other things - he won a Superbowl with a WR playing CB and they turned Stephen Neal - a wrestling star who had not played a single down of college or pro football and didn’t even know how to put on his pads - into a capable OL player within two years. Just try to think our coaches doing something like that. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom