Interesting Thought on Mueller | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Thought on Mueller

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
I just thought of something... Does it seem strange to anyone else that this happened so quickly, I mean essentially first thing Monday morning? Rick was only officially gone on Friday, and we already have a new GM. In my opinion, Saban had most definitely been planning this before RS's official resignation. Its impossible that the contract details, meetings, interviews etc. all occurred over the weekend. When hiring a GM, especially in this situation, there is much to work out (in terms of how muich power he will have, Saban's ability to intervene, plans for the type of team they wish to build, certain players they like/dislike etc.) Anyway, what I am trying to say is that most likely this has been in the works for a few weeks, and with the reports of Saban giving Spielman the silent treatment and clashing with him on several occasions, it seems like he was forcing him out without officially firing him. Maybe RS found out about the Mueller negotiations? That would make sense.

I read on the miami herald site that Saban came out Friday morning and told personnel that Speilman was going to be dismissed(fired) so that he resigned. So Saban has been out looking since probably the draft.

I was very surprised and a bit skeptical that this happened so fast, but after reading all about the guy, I'm excited!!

Randy Mueller should have gotten the job last year....am i surprised it happened so fast? yes....but it was a good chioce ....

I think it also goes to show how Saban really has this team on lockdown as far as leaks to the media are concerned....In previous years, we would've known about this before the call to Mueller was even made.

I, for one, LOVE it.

I dont think it was quick...infact i think this whole arrangement has been planned for monthes but has finally happened

from what i've read Saban and Mueller had a working relationship dating back from the time Mueller was with NO and he used to go down to LSU and talk to Saban, so im sure when Saban realized that Spieldman was not to be retained he contacted Mueller. I have a feeling that discussions have been going on for quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom