Interesting... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting...

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For all those who still want a QB for our team just thought this was an interesting note about two of them...

Quickie report on the Thursday workout of Eli Manning, the Mississippi star who auditioned for league scouts at the New Orleans Saints complex: A solid workout but not a scintillating one. Manning threw the ball well enough, demonstrated good touch and accuracy, and will still be the first quarterback chosen and still possible the top prospect to go off the board. But two scouts said that J.P Losman of Tulane, who worked out just after Manning, actually threw some routes better. Losman continues to strengthen his stock as a likely second-round pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1757635

Thats such a good reason to trade down. We might be able to score a good qb and work on other needs.

I went to high school with JP:D .He's got all the physical tools to be great. But he'll probably need more type to develop than Manning or Rivers.

i just think it's funny how the guy was practically even with rivers until one bowl game, and now all the sudden he had fallen off the charts.. but with each workout he keeps climbing back up, and yet could still end up in the second round. May be the sleeper of the QB class and does anyone think trading down to get more picks would be a bad idea if we could end up with an OL at the end of the first and Losman in the second.. and thats if we find a way to keep ogun, not even mentioning a possible additional first rounder.

Trading down could be a good option for us. I don't see any o-lineman worth taking at 20 that's gonna be left by the time we draft so moving down and getting en extra pick should be consider.

Ozzy rules!!

I am of the mindset of trading down too. Perhaps someone is looking at someone who won't go past 21 and wouldn't mind swapping an even later first round pick and their second to us for the number 20?

I put up a thread on Losman last month on how he had looked great in the combine yadda yadda yadda, got blown off a bit. If Losman is there in the 2nd and we traded down and got another pick, i think he should defenitley be considered since our offense is probably going to be more predictated to him.

BTW, Fox has a mock draft that has Rivers lasting until 28th! I dont believe it though.

yeah right! Buffalo and Pitt have both "expressed" interest in Rivers, and both pick before us. If both don't pick him, that's not even to say that we will get him..... who knows what our FO priorities are now.

i just hope we get a QB, b/c we need to start grooming a franchise one.

You can write it down in blood: we won't be drafting a QB before the 4th round, earliest, UNLESS they get rid of Fiedler before the draft.

Back
Top Bottom