Interesting | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting

The Dolphins already tried that compassionate route with Ricky.

I say set the Dogs on him!

Or at least attach all his assets... modern civilization is SO boring...

you will cheer just as loud when he takes it to the house against the bills or jets or whoever he wants to.

Sorry Firemedic822, I'm Irish... we don't forgive, we don't forget...

To get serious for a momemt, I think Ricky's downfall was when he got in the "orbit" of Jimmy Brown. I hope I got the name right. I believe he got off his meds and bought into Jimmy's lifestyle.

Give him another chance? Who am I to say?

Bottle Nose said:
Sorry Firemedic822, I'm Irish... we don't forgive, we don't forget...

To get serious for a momemt, I think Ricky's downfall was when he got in the "orbit" of Jimmy Brown. I hope I got the name right. I believe he got off his meds and bought into Jimmy's lifestyle.

Give him another chance? Who am I to say?

That and the fact he hung around with the Marley clan. cough cough:cooldude:
I always forgive it is just in my nature. I will cheer for whoever is playing in a fins uniform.

It seems to me that Ricky is getting farther on the fringes now. I don't really think he'll ever return.

actually, if Ricky does decide to come back we may have to release him. If Im not mistaken, Ricky's salary is around 3 million. Im not sure taking that kind of cap hit would be worth having Ricky on the team, especially when we now have Ronnie Brown.
Ricky could probably gain a few more yds than Brown..at least this year...but could he gain 3 million dollars worth of yards over what Brown could give us?
Also, would we really want to tie up that much cap space when we have no idea if Ricky would choose to play the entire season, or if Ricky would get suspended for drugs again? It doesnt really matter why Ricky did what he did. Mental illness, physical problems, drug use, just being irresponsible, whatever. The fact remains that he did quit, and based on his recent attitude, there is no reason to believe he wouldnt do it again. If Ricky wants to renegotiate his contract so that he is making the league minimum then perhaps he has value. That way, the team would not be risking a 3mill cap hit for a player that has proven he wont hesitate to quit if the urge strikes him, and it gives Ricky a chance to redeem himself and raise his value in F/A.

Thats the only way I see Saban even entertaining the offer. There would be nothing beneficial about bringing him back then releasing him. Saban will work his contract magic and then we can trade him next year to whoever wants the headache.

I think if Ricky came back right now, we would be back in a difficult salary cap situation. I believe that someone on this board said that he would still be under his original contract and the terms of that contract would have to be re-instated. He left us already and has proven he is unreliable. IMHO, he would only be returning for the money and nothing else. His love for the team and the game are a direct reflection of his bank account and the amount of money he owes the team (IMHO). Stay gone, we don't need any distractions.

Back
Top Bottom