Ireland mentioned 2 players he expects to burst on to the scene: Miller and Matthews | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland mentioned 2 players he expects to burst on to the scene: Miller and Matthews

MrEd

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
You know with this new news that Ireland has been behind the scenes working on re-signing Hartline and Clemons and this suddenly brings out something we've kind of disregarded or gave oversight to...

Remember that Senior Bowl interview with Jeff Ireland? Anyone recall after him mentioning seeking playmakers and adding "speed" and when they tried to gauge which specific positions he was targeting and Ireland among a few said "slot guys"?

Recall that recent Finsiders interview where Ireland was asked about which players Ireland expected to "burst out" in 2013 and he answered the question with "two" names. We've focused on his mention of Miller to signify that Bush is out the door...

But we've left out that he also mentioned a "second" guy he expected to likewise burst out on to the scene. And that player he mentioned was Rishard Matthews.

With this news breaking out that Miami has been behind the scenes working on re-signing Brian Hartline and Chris Clemons, could this likewise be signifying that Bess, who is not only due to count $4mil against the cap and on the last year of his contract to top it all off, is likewise on his way out the door, too?

Could Miami add a Mike Wallace to start opposite Hartline and use a 2nd round pick on a Tavon Austin to replace Bess in the slot to provide more of a speedy playmaker at slot receiver? Then maybe round things out with say an Aaron Dobson in the 3rd to groom under Hartline's wing? Hmm... :ponder:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok you had all the pieces put together, but then it all fell apart when you suggested we draft 2 other receivers.

You know with this new news that Ireland has been behind the scenes working on re-signing Hartline and Clemons and this suddenly brings out something we've kind of disregarded or gave oversight to...

Remember that Senior Bowl interview with Jeff Ireland? Anyone recall after him mentioning seeking playmakers and adding "speed" and when they tried to gauge which specific positions he was targeting and Ireland among a few said "slot guys"?

Recall that recent Finsiders interview where Ireland was asked about which players Ireland expected to "burst out" in 2013 and he answered the question with "two" names. We've focused on his mention of Miller to signify that Bush is out the door...

But we've left out that he also mentioned a "second" guy he expected to likewise burst out on to the scene. And that player he mentioned was Rishard Matthews.

With this news breaking out that Miami has been behind the scenes working on re-signing Brian Hartline and Chris Clemons, could this likewise be signifying that Bess, who is not only due to count $4mil against the cap and on the last year of his contract to top it all off, is likewise on his way out the door, too?

Could Miami add a Mike Wallace to start opposite Hartline and use a 2nd round pick on a Tavon Austin to replace Bess in the slot to provide more of a speedy playmaker at slot receiver? Then maybe round things out with say an Aaron Dobson in the 3rd to groom under Hartline's wing? Hmm... :ponder:

Exciting possibility...although i do love Davone Bess. I have to believe he has solid trade value. I think in the right system he'd be better than Wes Welker.

If we ditch Bess, why not trade one of those second rounders to get Percy Harvin and put him in the slot. Harvin has practically the best ratio of catches to drops amd is the dynamic player we need...even on special teams returns.

Dagger, I am with you. We need to trade for Percy. Let Hartline walk, trade Indys 2nd rounder for him, extend him with Hartlines money....Still sign Jennings....draft Eifert or Ertz and OL...throw in some secondary and pass rushers via Draft......the ultimate plan

If we ditch Bess, why not trade one of those second rounders to get Percy Harvin and put him in the slot. Harvin has practically the best ratio of catches to drops amd is the dynamic player we need...even on special teams returns.

if we add percy we still need a number one outside WR. we would almost be in the same position.

if we add percy we still need a number one outside WR. we would almost be in the same position.

No, because we would still pursue Jennings...let B-Hart walk and use that money from Hart and Reggie to extend Percy.....then draft another seem threat in draft

For our sake, hopefully he does! At this point, I just want to see the kid on the field lol

Eifert or Ertz FTW

No, because we would still pursue Jennings...let B-Hart walk and use that money from Hart and Reggie to extend Percy.....then draft another seem threat in draft

oh ok, i thought you wanted to keep hartline as well, well if thats the case then I'm down no doubt

Sorry, i don't trust anything Ireland has to say about playmakers.

Trade for Percy, resign Hartline and sign Jennings. Fix WR problems ... CHECK.

Then draft OLine and Defense.

Think about it... it plays to Ireland's style perfectly.

Trading Bess may get a 5th or 6th and it is a move I would make. Bess is not an explosive player that we need at WR. Nice story, not much else.

Wake up from lala land and snap back to reality. There is no way the Fins are trading for Harvin. Philben already had Ireland trade Marshall and Davis because they were head cases and malcontents on and off of the field, and "me" first players. There is no way he signs off on trading for the exact same thing he is trying to rid the franchise of.

Back
Top Bottom