Irish defensive star to fight in Madison Square Garden | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Irish defensive star to fight in Madison Square Garden

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Notre Dame safety Tom Zbikowski, well known for his love of boxing, will fight his first professional bout June 10 at Madison Square Garden.

A news conference to announce the heavyweight fight is scheduled for Wednesday in New York City, his father, Ed Zbikowski, said Tuesday. No opponent has yet been named.

Zbikowski said the fight will not jeopardize his son's NCAA football eligibility.
"As long as he does no sponsorships or endorsements, he can do it," he said.
Notre Dame did not have a spring football practice session Tuesday and Tom Zbikowski was not available for comment. Coach Charlie Weis also was not available for comment.

Mike Karwoski, Notre Dame associate athletic director who oversees NCAA compliance, said Zbikowski can promote the fight, but can't promote any commercial products. He said Zbikowski is well aware of what he can and cannot say.

"He's in the loop. Coach Weis is in the loop," Karwoski said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/03/28/bc.box.notredame.zbikow.ap/index.html

Cool, I knew Zib was an ex-boxer didnt realize it was something he still wanted to do. He better not get injured though :)

He is fighting for no real money. I don't know why he is doing this I think he should just wait, But who am I to tell someone what to do with there life

DonShula84 said:
Cool, I knew Zib was an ex-boxer didnt realize it was something he still wanted to do. He better not get injured though :)

he's a golden gloves boxer, he is undefeated in his amature career. the kid is freakin scary tough as said by many of his teamates

Back
Top Bottom