Irony | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Irony

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be ironic that since we aren't playing Ricky tonight, that Deuce plays and gets a season ending injury?? I so do wish injury on anyone, BUT that would be damn funny!

Ha ha.

Wow. Classy.

'course, the Fins whacked away at Ricky's ankle in our '99 preseason game, so it is obviously a possibility.

Saintalive, it was a shoe string tackle and unfortunately it turned out bad..Ricky's playing tonight,,other than that one article we haven't heard or read anything different...I don't want to see anyone get hurt in a meaningless game like the preseason on both sides.

Actually, the sprain RW suffered during that Saints-Finss game, came about because the Fins' nose tackle fell on RW's ankle in the pile.

The injury was really aggravated because Ditka did not give RW enough time to heal, and I believe it was the first Carolina game when the TV cameras showed Carolina LB's repeatedly grabbing RW's foot and twisting it after the play was over.

I'll try to go back and find the quotes from Ricky after that game about how the Dolphins defenders kept wrenching his ankle in every pile of that game.

[At the time, we (saints fans) assumed it was b/c no NFL players wanted to see a player with a pay for play contract succeed]

Anwyay, here's to an injury-free game.

I think I remember that play, it seems ricky was on a pitch out swept to the left and a lineman reach out grabbed his ankle and tripped him up..I don't get to see a lot of Miami games, but I saw that one and I think I remember that play..He left right after it.

Back
Top Bottom