is anyone else from up north going to see ricky? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

is anyone else from up north going to see ricky?

slubeaner

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.footballspectacular.com/

i went to see dan a few years ago, its a pretty amazing show!

this year the dolphins are represented by chris chambers, ricky williams, dan marino, zach thomas, junior seau and even larry csonka will be there.

i live in vermont so i dont get too many chances to rub elbows with these guys

I'll be there, but I live in Delaware.... Gonna get a few Authentic Jerseys and get Marino, Ricky, and Chambers to sign them. THe prices are a little high though..

Im always there. Chambers is the nicest guy. Since he doesnt get to many auto seekers wait be the last one to get something signed. He will chill with you and chat it up.

I live in NJ and this is the first I heard about this...Could someone please fill me in as to what exactly it is, I guess its some sort of signing event, so is it a nuthouse with a million people and so on, is it really worth going and are the autographs easy to get? Please give me some info, I really want to go, i just want some info, Thanks guys

"I live in NJ and this is the first I heard about this...Could someone please fill me in as to what exactly it is, I guess its some sort of signing event, so is it a nuthouse with a million people and so on, is it really worth going and are the autographs easy to get? Please give me some info, I really want to go, i just want some info, Thanks guys"

it is an autograph show held in a large convention center. each player has a specific time that they sign. there will be a lot of people there, but in my opinion, its more than worth it. i had dan sign a photo i had taken of him at a panther-phins game, and although i have a ton of marino autographs, that is my prize. simply because he signed it in front of me, and it was a photo that i took. its expensive, but it quite a thrill! all of the details you would need are on the website in my original post

It is definitely worth it. Triumph sports runs a well organized show. So far I have met Dan Marino, Ricky, Chris Chamber, Marks brothers, all at this show. This year I look forward to meeting Zach. The best strategy is go on the line last so you have some time to chat. Since you are all fellow phin fans I will give you the secret.

GO PHINS

What do u guys recommend getting signed...its a little confusing with all the flat items and delusxe items, it seems like everything is pretty much a deluxe item from the list they posted..... I was just wondering what would give me the best bang for my buck?? Thanks

It all depends on what you like. A few years ago I got a Authethic Jersey signed by Dan. Jerseys take up alot of room so I have been getting different items. Last year I got a authetic helmet signed by ricky. I got his chin strap, face cage and eye shield so it looks just like the helmet he used in 2002. All the other autographs I have gotten at this show have been on 16 x 20 photos which are beautiful when they are framed.

Just FYI flat is any picture. Deluxe is anything else such as Jersey, helmet, football.

THe helmet looks really nice in the case though. Really its just a personal choice.

I'll be ther fellas, been ther the last few years and it's a great time. Zach and Jr don't do many signings so I got some authentic jersey's for them to sign, got a helmet for Ricky and some stuff for CC. I advise anyone who can get there to get there....it's AWESOME!

Im up in Jersey and can go to this, but I have to ask a stupid question. I'm lookin at the site and see the prices, are the items supplied for you, included with the price? or am I paying $65 for Chambers to sign my own helmet that I will have to buy?

I'm sure I'll be able to purchase pictures there, but whats the chances of me buying a Dolphins Helmet there? I'm lookin to get a helmet and get some Fish to sign the item, most likely being Chambers & Thomas (kinda short on the cash flow-I spazzed out when I saw the prices at first) thanks for the info

I see all the Dolphins are appearing on Sat. Do the lines move fast enough, so you can keep moving form line to line?

The great thing about Triumph is that you DON'T stand on lines. The way it works is this: You call and pre order your tickets, make sure you have them Fedex the tix to you (trust me you don't want to be standing on line waiting to pick them up the day of the signings) you get them a bout two weeks before the show with a number on it for each player. When you get there you shop. They have EVERYTHING man and I mean EVERYTHING, helmets, jerseys, hard to find stuff, etc. They claim there are some 300 vendors there selling merchandise in booths.

The beautiful thing is as your walking around the guy on the PA system calls a player name who's signing and says people with ticket numbers 1-25 go to his area, when they're done then he calls the next 25-50 and so forth and so on.....it moves smoooooth. Trust me it's a great time we've been going for the last four years.

Back
Top Bottom