Is Boston finally an asset ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Boston finally an asset ?

Bigbucks24 said:
Do you have a link for this? I was under the impression that no one-including the 49er and his old coach, had interest in him. Maybe I missed something.

49ERS offered him almost the same contract we did. He however, failed the physical.

Tennesse then offered him a salary that was 6 times ours but no incentives. We offered him less base salary but a chance to bank on incentives.

Phinatic03 said:
For the argument that Boston is the #2 and Booker is the #3 or vis versa, I will say with Linehan as our coordinator, we will go 3 wide the majority of the time so it won't really matter....and once we do go 2 wide, 2 TE, it will depend on the situation IMO who is on the field.

A sabres/dolphin fan? What?

Bigbucks24 said:
Do you have a link for this? I was under the impression that no one-including the 49er and his old coach, had interest in him. Maybe I missed something.

I dont have a link but I do remember Boston's agent saying something about Tenn.
However, I believe the way it was reported was that Tenn offered a "potentially" more lucrative deal. Most likely the bulk of the contract was based on incentives or could have been backloaded with money Boston would never actually see.

I just hope he makes it through training, I'm more worried about Boston getting injured at training camp than the regular season now

TARHEEL38 said:
I disagree. They should be better with a new system and a new O-line coach, but if they are as good as they were at the end of last year we will be ok. By the end of the year last year they were playing pretty good ball. You have to remember everyone we played knew AJ could not handle the blitz so we saw it on nearly every play. The NFL is a copy cat league, so if it works once you will continue to see it until you can beat it. AJ never proved he could beat it so you saw people coming from everywhere.
This year with Gus behind center and the knowledge of where to go with the ball when blitzed, you will see that teams will no longer be able to put as much pressure on us, or they will pay the price. The O-line graded out pretty good the last 4 games.

GUS BEHIND CENTER!!!!!!????????
:shakeno:

phinphan11 said:
Sullivan didn't even want him, did he? Or at least he couldn't convince Nolan to sign him.

Im sure Sullivan wanted him, but the 9ers didnt want to take the risk of a potential cancer in the locker room...especially since the'yre rebuilding the team.

LarryFinFan said:
Actually, with the RW saga and the new coaching staff, and RB and Crowder and Roth, etc...Boston's situation is taking a backseat. This is good for Boston not to be the center of "attention" right now....This will give him time to continue to get his act together...It's really a no lose situation right now for the Fins...if he does well, great...if he gets injured again...well at least it will cost us less than last year and we still have the group of WRs from last year intact...I'm not sold on Thompson as our #3, but he may have to do if Boston has issues...Boston NEEDS to have a good year...for his career and for his earning ability next year...We could use him having a good year too....

That is a strong angle. I agree

boston will win out the number 2 spot from booker. but remember, most of linehan's offense is 3 wr sets. so i imagine we will see a lot from all 3.

L.T.21 said:
David Boston - Sullivan = LIABILITY

I know why you would say that LT, but I think if he stays healthy we're going to see a different David Boston this year. There are a lot of if's, but only time will tell.

I do understand where you are coming from with this though...look what he did in San Diego.

Back
Top Bottom