Is Bowens telling the truth? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Bowens telling the truth?

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
When I heard that Bowens "tore his ACL jumping off a ladder" I wondered, is that really true? In these situations, it is very common for a player to lie about how he truly suffered the injury. While most don't get caught, some baseball fans may remember last year when Jeff Kent broke his wrist washing his car, but he really broke it popping wheelies on his bike. It may just be may, but I just don't believe that he tore his ACL doing that. I think there is a possibility that he tore it doing something really stupid, and he just doesn't want to say it. People have slammed him for tearing his ACL this way, but what do you expect him to do, let the lightbulb stay that way and not be able to use a lamp. If this is true, of course he is going to go up and change the lightbulb. However, I just don't believe the story.

Who the hell told him to jump off the ladder? I think he did something stupid really, and just doesn't want to be an labeled an idiot or @$$hole for the way he did it. Just that his damn excuse is pretty pathetic, I don't think he had much time to think about his excuse.

At 260 pds., it could be true that is alot of weight to land on. It doesn't take much pressure to tear the ACL in the first place. If he didn't do it that way, then what, dancing like a fool in a night club?

no, but maybe playing basketball in hi backyard, or something stupid like that.

To me, It really doesnt matter....I mean he injured himself outside of football so what diffrence does it make how he injured himself....If hes lying, oh well i think most of us would just to save our a*ses from being cut...best of luck and a quick recovery to him.

True, the basketball possibility is one. Seriously, here is another scenario: He is learning to cook in the offseason right, he leaves the stove area with something baking in the oven to check on something else. He gets caught up with the other thing and forgets that he left something in his oven. He all of a sudden smells something burning throughout the house, so he runs at full speed( we all know he has that kind of burst) towards the kitchen only to trip into his persian rug on the floor getting tangled up in it and tearing his ACL in the process. There is no way he would tell the truth about that..

That's what I think. I think he was probably playing basketball.

Lots of athletes lie about these kind of things. I remember when Moises Alou tore his ACL before the '99 season. I remember reading ESPN's Bottom Line reporting he tore it "running on a treadmill". I can tell you right now, he tore that ACL going out for a pass during a game of beach football in the Dominican Republic. lol. My friend even threw the pass.

Q: How many DE's does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Two; one to hold the ladder, the other one dunks the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad Dog was just remarking about the Bowens situation, said alot of his e-mails are reading along the lines of "When I put it up to my nose , it no smell so good" to quote him. They are looking for a good punchline to the old "How many______ does it take to screw in a lightbulb " jokes. Sounds like he's not buying the ladder story either.

I don't see why there is so much skepticisim about this. Injuries like this happen all the time. Any odd step or fall can do it. I saw a guy break his arm falling off the bottom step of a ladder. My brother broke his ankle in three places getting up after being tackled ( not b/c of the tackle, just getting up afterwards) Is it possible Bowens is lying? Sure, but its just as likely that he's telling the truth. And since it is a non-football injury either way why do we care? (other than its the offseason)

Originally posted by Predaphin34
To me, It really doesnt matter....I mean he injured himself outside of football so what diffrence does it make how he injured himself....If hes lying, oh well i think most of us would just to save our a*ses from being cut...best of luck and a quick recovery to him.

Really, I feel the same way, who cares how it happened.

Even if it was in a pick-up basketball game... I mean these guys are highly tuned athletes, how can we expect them to sit on the couch and watch espn all off season? It's not like he was Ultimate Fighting or Base Jumping or something crazy and dangerous.

Take RW for example. There was a thread on this board reciently about how he got stuck without a car and rode his bike all the way to Fort Lauderdale. And everyone was saying how cool and down to earth he was... Same story and he get's hit by a car (God forbid!) everyone would have been all over him: how imature, no loyatly, etc.

Cut the guy a little slack, wish him well and hope he recovers quickly.

Personally I tore my left acl stepping off of a curb in the parking lot of my office building, wearing a pair of tennis shoes. The doctor said I just stepped down wrong.

I heard he was partying over at Griese's house and tripped over his dog.

Seriously though, I'd think he'd make up a better story,rather than he did it changing a lightbulb. You know he's going to catch hell for it, already has.

Personnaly I do not care how he did it. Just the fact that he did it upsets me.

Back
Top Bottom