Is Brock Berlin good enough to lead Miami to a national title? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Brock Berlin good enough to lead Miami to a national title?

Is Brock Berlin good enough to lead Miami to a national title?

• Yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
Berlin, to me, has been progressing steadily as the season has gone on. The Houston game seemed to smack some sense into him: he was excellent against Louisville, and out-of-this-world last night against NC State. Even in the Louisville game, I saw a number of throws that he shouldn't have made. Last night, only the interception was ill-advised, and that was a tipped ball.

I think Berlin is good enough to take Miami to the national title. Whether their suddenly-mediocre defense will cooperate is the question now, a reverse from the season opener.

Berlin is good enough, but as you note, I don't think our defense has enough experience. They can't seem to get pressure ont he QB with the front 4 and it's killing them.

When Brock is out of the shotgun he's deadly, when under center, he's painful to watch. As far as him leading us to a championship, hard to tell...If we end up playing USC than I'd be worried, if Oklahoma(perenially overrated IMO), than I like our chances.

Depends....does he have to carry the offense or manage it?

5 touchdowns against the best defense in the country. Thats Heisman-consideration numbers. Even the commentator, while he was showing his heisman candidate list, mentioned that he would like to add another one to his list, and he wrote with his screen-pen on the screen: "Berlin".

He's improved over the first few games, definetly.

But national title? No I dont think so...UM is missing something. Whether it's Berlin or his WRs it's something. They dont have a game breaker this year.

And the Defense is all of a sudden crap, when it was one of the best in the nation a few weeks ago. Strange

And the Defense is all of a sudden crap, when it was one of the best in the nation a few weeks ago. Strange

This really has me scratching my head. I really like Randy Shannon. He's probably the best coach on UM's staff. But he's dropping the ball right now. Hopefully he'll get it corrected.

The other thing that worries me is that the injury bug is really starting to bite this team. It now looks as if Santonio Thomas and Tyler McMeans could miss the rest of the season. Thomas' loss won't hurt as bad because we're stacked in the DL. OL is a different story. Although McMeans hadn't played great this year, he was the starter for a reason. We can't afford any more losses to the OL. Not sure if we could afford his.

Icer said:
But national title? No I dont think so...UM is missing something. Whether it's Berlin or his WRs it's something. They dont have a game breaker this year.

Ummm...Devin Hester anyone? :rolleyes:

Man I don't think so, he flashes some good stuff, but maybe it is the whole team but as Icer said, something is definitely missing with the play. Hell they have given up 17 points to Clemson, nothing much is happening on the O side lately. We have lost a few players that matter but when I look at OU, USC, Wisconsin, I don't think we can do it this year.

Better question::: Is Brock Berlin good enough to beat Rutgers or Pittsburgh in the Continental Tire Bowl in Charlotte, NC???

Becaue that is where Miami is going at this rate!

MikeO said:
Better question::: Is Brock Berlin good enough to beat Rutgers or Pittsburgh in the Continental Tire Bowl in Charlotte, NC???

:roflmao:

MikeO said:

Damn, isn't that the freaking truth, oh well, we can't be perfect every year I s'pose.

yes. With a defense that is not swiss cheese.

Back
Top Bottom