Is Dalton Risner the missing piece to Miami's offensive line? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Dalton Risner the missing piece to Miami's offensive line?

I wrote this, so let me have it. Bring on the hate 😎
How are things at the tv stations? Your favorite ****tail to pour/drink? And how did you turn yourself into ChadRico? But I digress, I agree still need help at guard. Nobody is perfect at this point. Didn't draft anyone, need to do something to beef things up in my view. Ps the word is ****tail, and the thingy keeps putting 4 asterisks where the **** is meant to be in ****tail. What kind of AI is this? We are all doomed! C-O-C-K. There I finally defeated the AI C-O-C-K-tail!!!!!! Suck it AI, pun intended!!!!!

Last edited:
The pickings are slim, I was gonna include Peat but my God he got benched last year and gor signed today.

I wish there were more good options available. To me Van Roten is the choice.
Van Roten, while the best looking one of the lot... is also the one who is most instructive about not writing off a young player.
It took him awhile... and both Driscoll and Eichenberg have a similar profile.

Van Roten, while the best looking one of the lot... is also the one who is most instructive about not writing off a young player.
i am not willing to take the risk of theoreticals at this point. while you may be right, I am not willing to take that risk.

Are the FAs any better though...
as far as actual demonstrated production on the field, yes they have been. not perfect, but better. and a decent security blanket as well. but yes, far from perfect or ideal at this point

Van “Rotten” would epitomize the quality of the Dolphins o-line. If they found other guys named Turnstile or Speed Bump, they’d be complete.

as far as actual demonstrated production on the field, yes they have been. not perfect, but better. and a decent security blanket as well. but yes, far from perfect or ideal at this point
I dont really believe that.

The FAs are older and have had a good year or two each... but some bad years and injuries along the way.

If you give any of the FAs guaranteed money, you are making a bet that you'll get their best... and honestly, Driscoll's year at RG in 2021 was as good or better than anything Van Roten or Risner has done.

Likewise Eichenberg's starts at Guard.

I think y'all are imaging that the birds in the bush are better than the one's we have.

I liked the article (and did read it all😂) To be clear - I don't think we're signing any FA guards, aside from camp bodies, or shots in the dark. We're all in on coaching/teaching. But I'd like us to sign Van Roten or Risner. They're only a slight improvement at best, but as I see it, starting OG's (whoever wins RG) are the weakest position on the team. Ya gotta try.

Probably command 10m/yr, wouldn't mind it but not sure we'll pony up

I dont really believe that.

The FAs are older and have had a good year or two each... but some bad years and injuries along the way.

If you give any of the FAs guaranteed money, you are making a bet that you'll get their best... and honestly, Driscoll's year at RG in 2021 was as good or better than anything Van Roten or Risner has done.

Likewise Eichenberg's starts at Guard.

I think y'all are imaging that the birds in the bush are better than the one's we have.
the penciled in starting guard opposite eichenberg is isiah wynn, who has a lesser profile than the guards in question. wynn's open market value was less than $2mm per year. the guards we are talking about have a higher market value. i guess you are free to your opinion, but i think the players in question are both better and more reliable than either wynn or eichenberg.

Back
Top Bottom