Is Dave Wandstadt the football version of George Bush? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Dave Wandstadt the football version of George Bush?

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
In reading Daves transcript, it just strikes me that while Dave may be a great coach(we'll know this year), his communications skills suck. The grammer attacks are one thing(I've never heard one of his press conferences that didn't butcher the language), but since when do NFL QB's face crowds of 100k people? Has Dave taken up coaching soccer overseas in the off season?

"The one thing I think you have to look at is the calls, the things that they’re doing on defense and the communication and how a young person [handles] that on the road. There was some excitement there. There wasn’t 100,000 people, but it was a good crowd and it was noisy. It was encouraging to see him respond the way he did, both mentally and physically. ":D :D

This is really simple

He picked 100,000 because it was a large number, just as a point of reference. Nothing wrong with that.

Everyday people might describe the same thing with 'a million people', it's just hyperbole.

Nothing to condemn a man over.

Sometimes people here just need to critize someone so badly that they play with words.

I think it's easy to see the meaning of what DW said.

Re: This is really simple

Originally posted by erralyn
He picked 100,000 because it was a large number, just as a point of reference. Nothing wrong with that.

Everyday people might describe the same thing with 'a million people', it's just hyperbole.

Nothing to condemn a man over.

Hey now, it's not a condemnation of the man(I did compare him to GW afterall). It's just a statement to the fact that it's a shame that someone who spends so much time speaking to the public also spends so much time butchering the language.

Lot of people aren't great public speakers. :)

Re: Re: This is really simple

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Hey now, it's not a condemnation of the man(I did compare him to GW afterall)

In more than a few circles, That is considered to be a huge condemnation. :lol:

Re: Re: Re: This is really simple

Originally posted by Barbarian

In more than a few circles, That is considered to be a huge condemnation. :lol:

Lol...I know, but I was just waiting to see the GW haters crash the site in their effort to jump all over it...;) :D ;)

I saw nothing gramatically offensive about the statement.

I would say Wanny is the football equivalent of GWB in this: his critics are always trying to make him appear stupider than he is.

If Wanny is the football version of Bush, then he's a skunt!

Originally posted by Muck
Lot of people aren't great public speakers. :)

Stephen Hawking is the most brilliant man in the world but he can barely speak.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I saw nothing gramatically offensive about the statement.

I would say Wanny is the football equivalent of GWB in this: his critics are always trying to make him appear stupider than he is.

"There wasn’t 100,000 people"....How about "There weren't 100,000 people"?

Originally posted by booyeah_

Stephen Hawking is the most brilliant man in the world but he can barely speak.

To the best of my knowledge Stephen Hawking can't speak at all without mechanical aid. But then again he doesn't do a lot of public speaking either.

To the best of my knowledge Stephen Hawking can't speak at all without mechanical aid. But then again he doesn't do a lot of public speaking either.

I meant even with aid he struggles to speak.

"There wasn’t 100,000 people"....How about "There weren't 100,000 people"?

True. Very true. I would say in conversation, that's a fairly common goof.

Of course, your original complaint was over his use of hyperbole.

Back
Top Bottom