is desmond clark playing?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

is desmond clark playing??

J

jd13

i think it would be a perfect week for him to play...we could use a 2 tight end formation were both guys can catch and block...with the pats having problems stopping the run,i hope clark plays this week...it would also be a nice wrinkle to give bellicek...i know desmond practiced all week...does anybody have an update???

This is all that I could find on miamidolphins.com

TE Desmond Clark (forearm), LB Twan Russell (knee) and CB Patrick Surtain (knee) did not play last week at Kansas City.

Players who sustained injuries as a result of the Chiefs game include T Mark Dixon (left ankle sprain), DT Jermaine Haley (left ankle sprain), WR Albert Johnson (left knee sprain) and C Tim Ruddy (right groin strain).

Here some info from http://nfl.com/gamecenter/preview/NFL_20021006_NE@MIA

QUESTIONABLE T Mark Dixon (Ankle)
C Tim Ruddy (Groin)
OLB Twan Russell (Knee)
CB Patrick Surtain (Knee)

PROBABLE QB Jay Fiedler (Finger)
DT Jermaine Haley (Ankle)
CB Sam Madison (Shoulder)
CB Paul Miranda (Neck)
TE Ed Perry (Ankle)
DE Jason Taylor (Knee)
T Todd Wade (Ankle)
RB Ricky Williams (Ribs)

He could give McMichael a breather or he could come in when we are ahead big time.(ex: The Lions game)

Yeah, but we have Jed Weaver for that. I think we should trade Clark for a 4th round pick or something.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Yeah, but we have Jed Weaver for that. I think we should trade Clark for a 4th round pick or something.

Clark caught 50 passes last year, so I think I would rather keep him than Weaver. I think he give us the option of moving Randy around alot more, ala KC last week with Tony. He also will set up play action more. We don't need to go to the 3wr set as much since Clark is a real target at TE, so we can go to a 2 TE set and teams will have to think run, but with Clark and Randy we still have a great passing threat.

The fact that noone claimed him off waivers tells me he has absolutely no trade value really.

I also doubt we would trade a guy who is a big upgrade over Weaver.

Originally posted by Dajesus

Clark caught 50 passes last year, so I think I would rather keep him than Weaver. I think he give us the option of moving Randy around alot more, ala KC last week with Tony. He also will set up play action more. We don't need to go to the 3wr set as much since Clark is a real target at TE, so we can go to a 2 TE set and teams will have to think run, but with Clark and Randy we still have a great passing threat.

I really like that theory Dajesus... I hope Norv is thinking the same way. A coworker of mine is a Patsies fan, I was taunting him about ricky running for 200+ yrds ... he said "I don't think so ... we fixed that" Hopefully, BB is thinking that same way, and the 2TE sets will open up a whole new can of worms for them to eat! :evil:

I receive the 'Fins insider and, according to Wanny, Clark isn't going to be playing this week. Clark said he felt he was ready but also said he didn't believe the coaches thought he was where he needed to be. He will almost certainly be in the lineup next weekend however.

Originally posted by Expo88
I receive the 'Fins insider and, according to Wanny, Clark isn't going to be playing this week. Clark said he felt he was ready but also said he didn't believe the coaches thought he was where he needed to be. He will almost certainly be in the lineup next weekend however.

Just in time to play his old team.

Originally posted by Phinstd
The fact that noone claimed him off waivers tells me he has absolutely no trade value really.

I also doubt we would trade a guy who is a big upgrade over Weaver.

We claimed him off waivers. No one claimed him because he's a TE with a busted arm making almost $1.5 million.

We grabbed him and got a new contract out of him right before the deadline that most teams didn't think they would be able to pull off in time. So he's making $450,000 now with a nice incentive package. This guy is a serious TE and could give us a more dangerous package then Indy had with Dilger/Pollard.

Denver was already over stacked with Dwayne Carswell and resigning Shannon Sharpe. With a busted arm and not being available for 6 weeks with his salary made him the odd man out.

I thought he was supposed to play last week and I never heard his name mentioned.

Desmond will be inactive for the NE game and has a 50/50 shot to debut against his old team the Broncos. It was in one of the herald/sentinal articles during this week.

Back
Top Bottom