Is Fiedler..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Fiedler.....

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
te QB equivelent of Billicheck? I must admit I went into the season hoping BG would get the starting job. However it is too clear that Jay must be the starter for at least this year. Billicheck just wins games. He wins them in a pretty fashion, ugly fashion, with turnovers, on special teams, on defense etc. He just gets it done. Fiedler just wins also. He wins ugly, pretty, with his arm, with his legs. The difference seems to be Billicheck keps winning in the post season, Jay has not. Lets hope the team that used to only win at home and in the early part of the season is gone. That the old Jay that flopped late is gone with the old team. The new team and Jay surge at the end of the season, get hot at the right time and just win. The true test will be this weekend.

no, IMO Brady is the QB equivelent of Billicheck. Jay is simply someone who can make an O work if everyone else around him does their job and can also make some plays on his own with his legs.

it is really not a relevant comparison IMO

I agree. Brady is a better comparison. I just thought it was a bit amusing and keeping positive about the post season.:D

Originally posted by dreadlockera
The difference seems to be Billicheck keps winning in the post season, Jay has not.

correct me if i'm wrong but...has bellicheck won a single playoff game outside of the 2001 postseason? NE or cleveland?

I tend to agree with the orginal post. Billicheck wins different ways every week. He just does what has to be done. He knows how to make regular players make game deciding plays that change out comes. The same can be said about Jay. What he does on the field is not always the deciding factor. Jay wins by doing whatever needs to be done. He is always the underdog and never looks pretty. No one believes he can get it done except him and his teammates, but he loves proving them wrong and usually does. He knows how to motivate teammates and how to get them to make plays that make the difference.
Where Brady just wins with his arm doing the same thing week after week with those short passes opening up a few shots down field. If you stop Brady's pass then you beat him, where Jay will find other ways to beat you.
Just my opinion but I agree with your idea dreadlockera

Re: Re: Is Fiedler.....

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

correct me if i'm wrong but...has bellicheck won a single playoff game outside of the 2001 postseason? NE or cleveland?

Isn't the 2001 postseason enough???

His team was extremely overmatched by the Rams and they upset them to win the Super Bowl.

Like him or not..... I don't like him by the way..... but you have to respect what he has done with a VERY lackluster roster in Patsieland.

Back
Top Bottom