Is Griese our QB of the future? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Griese our QB of the future?

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know it's only been two games... but his throwing statistics have been nearly flawless. Either Fiedler or Griese (or both) will be gone next year, we know, but do you guys think we'll keep Griese?

If he keeps playing the way he has so far, I see no reason to find another QB. He's still a relatively young guy who has a lot of talent yet to be seen.

If we can get him another offensive weapon, I think our offense could be dominate. O-Line issues aside, of course. Chambers is going to be a very good reciever... his moves are like poetry. McMichael is already a dominant TE. He's got one of the best RB's in football behind him and not to shabby of a FB either. If we can get our O-Line to work together and get a solid #2 (Darrell Jackson?) I think we could be a pretty mean unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could do a long off-season plan for ya. I always love it.

This WR draft is an awesome one. At the end of the first and early second probably is Micheal Jenkins who we could get to be the #2. He is a SE and will complement Chambers who is a flanker.

Third round underrated Brian Rimpf could be our LG.

OL wise I told you one guy, now sign a healthy Jamie Nails and place him at RG. Our big O signing is Indy tackle Ryan Diem who was not playing yesterday. He has played very well at RT. Again we did not play against him yesterday! He is also something like 24 or 25.

Then take a safety in the fourth to compete with Freeman for the starting FS spot as Marion might be cut. He has slowed down quite a bit.

I am a Bills fan, but my secondary team is the Broncos. Let me tell you that Griese is a good QB when he is on. When he is on, he is a lethal opponent and can destroy secondaries.

The only problem is, he is "off" 60-70% of the time. When I watched him in Denver he could have three straight games with 300 yards each game accomponied by 2 TD's each of those games ...

...then he would go the next 4 games with 120 yards a game and 2 INT's a game. Oh - and he is also injury prone (reminds me of Rob Johnson sometimes)

But if the Dolphins can find a way to fix those problems, Griese really could be a threat in the future. As it is, I like Plummer as my QB for now.

Go BIlls.

Garcia(sp) will be a free agent next year.

However - I like Griese. I think with a improved O-Line we will do better.

I don't know who it is but I know who it is not.:D

Obviously we don't know how Griese's season will play out until it plays out. But here's my guess/hope/whatever.

Griese continues to play the way he has the last two games. Assuming he does not get injured, we renegotiate his contract and keep him on as our starter entering next season.

Fiedler will be released prior to March 1(?), when he is due that large roster bonus. Sage could be re-signed. All depends on if he'd like to stay as the #2. In April, we draft a young QB to groom.

One thing is for sure......Fiedler will not be our starter in 2004. His only chance to stay here would be as the backup. And I just can't see that happening. Starting QBs tend to move on rather than be permanently demoted on the same team.

If Griese will renegotiate his contract to be more cap-friendly, at this point I would keep him while also drafting a young QB.

Originally posted by ZOD

?????

They definitely love this kid. There is no question they would jump at the chance to get him. If he's anywhere close, they'll gun for him.

Remember 2001 which had 8 first tier receivers? This year is said to have somewhere around 10. If Larry Fitzgerald goes, this will not arguably be the best receiver class ever. It will be the best receiver class ever period..................

This means we can get not a superstar receiver, but we can get probably a Micheal Jenkins early in the second or maybe junior Fred Gibson or Lee from Wisconsin. Think of it this way Calico would not have been a late 3rd rounder or 4th rounder if he was in this draft.

He is a freshamn dude how would he go now?

And IIRC, Fitzgerald can indeed come out because he will be 3 years removed from high school (went to a Military Academy for a year after high school).

Back
Top Bottom