Is Griese our QB of the future? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Griese our QB of the future?

Originally posted by Jaj
He is a freshamn dude how would he go now?

Do it the old school way.

Lie, cheat, and steal. :D

Originally posted by Jaj
He is a freshamn dude how would he go now?

He can come out next year (2005 draft). But being a QB, it'd be wise for him to be a full-time starter for at least two years.

Originally posted by Muck
He can come out next year (2005 draft). But being a QB, it'd be wise for him to be a full-time starter for at least two years.

That might work out. We may suck by then.

Then we could be compared to the Oakland Raiders.

Guys Griese is young. QBs can go the same until 34. Draft somebody when he is 33.

So, does anybody have an estimate of what our draft will be like next year? Any chance we will draft Matt Mauck from LSU?

keep on mind that we DON'T have a 2nd round pick once again. I can't wait till the year when we actually have our 1st 3 picks.

Ozzy rules!!

Some of you are taking crazy pills.

The Dolphins cannot go into next year with a depth chart of:

Griese
Rosenfels
New Guy

Having only one QB with any experience is season suicide, and it's all the more suicide when that QB is somebody injury prone like Griese (or Fiedler to be fair). Even if the team decides to draft a guy like Eli Manning, I think Sage has to go in favor of a guy like Koy Detmer.

I see no reason to believe that this team is going quarterback with a high draft pick unless it's really a value pick. There are simply too many problems at other offensive positions and too many decent starter/backup type quarterbacks that should be on the market next year to make that a good idea. Anyway, I don't want Eli -- I want Marcus Vick should he pan out. :)

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Griese
Rosenfels
New Guy

Having only one QB with any experience is season suicide, and it's all the more suicide when that QB is somebody injury prone like Griese (or Fiedler to be fair). Even if the team decides to draft a guy like Eli Manning, I think Sage has to go in favor of a guy like Koy Detmer.

Hell, bring in Danny Kannell.

To answer the question originally posed, I think it's way too early to tell if Griese is the QB of the future. I'm not even going with my opinion that Fiedler should start when healthy. I'm just talking about how he has played exactly two games. Let's see how he does for at least half a season before we go staking the future on him.

Anybody who doesn't see the wisdom in this approach needs to take a long look at Tommy Maddux or Scott Mitchell and get back to me. :)

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Griese
Rosenfels
New Guy

I see no reason to believe that this team is going quarterback with a high draft pick unless it's really a value pick. There are simply too many problems at other offensive positions and too many decent starter/backup type quarterbacks that should be on the market next year to make that a good idea. Anyway, I don't want Eli -- I want Marcus Vick should he pan out. :)

Tim Rattay?

Marc Bulgar?

Kurt Warner (prior to Green's injury)?

The list is longer and the list is longer of those that have failed.

But I wouldn't consider a guy who has sat two years studying the same offense "suicide".

My point isn't that the move would be unprecedented -- my point is that it should not be a move that any of us would want for this team. You must have forgotten that Bulger was the #3 QB behind Jamie Martin. The Rams were a consensus choice as one of the worst teams in the league when they had Kurt Warner as Trent Green's backup.

The Niners this year are a different story, but the Niners always have been a little strange. I'd rather not have the Dolphins in that same boat.

Back
Top Bottom