Is it me or does this draft seem loaded? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it me or does this draft seem loaded?

NEW-ERA-PHIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I look at players that will be going in the third round and it baffles me. This draft seems loaded with talent at every postion except for WR and QB after the top 2 or 3 (depending on what ends up happening with Cutler's stock.)

There's great value up to and including the middle rounds....this would be a draft that Jimmy would love to wheel and deal in.

Yeah..recievers are a little slim, but its a very deep class...great stuff!!

Mindwarp said:
i would not be suprised to see some veterens gone for picks in this draft.

Agreed, in fact I WOULD be surprised if we don't pick up at least 2-3 more picks via trades come draft day.

Mindwarp said:
i would not be suprised to see some veterens gone for picks in this draft.

Me either... I would be EXTREMELY happy... If we get Cutler in the 1st its kind of crazy that we could get the same talent on the O-line and in the Defensive backfield in the 2nd 3rd and mabey even the 4th round that we could get in the late first round... This draft is LOADED at CB, S, O-line, and LB's.... I LOVE IT! WHY DOES IT TAKE SOO LONG TO COME?

fishypete said:
There's great value up to and including the middle rounds....this would be a draft that Jimmy would love to wheel and deal in.

Too bad Jimmy didn't take the Houston job. It would have been the perfect scenario for him. He could have probably offered the number 1 pick for trade which would scare NO or Tennessee into thinking they will lose their shot at the QB they want. So he trades down to #2 or 3. Then trade that pick to a team that wants Bush like the Jets. He would have acquired more picks then the Cunningham trade and still have the #4 pick and the 1st pick in every round to use as further trade bait.

I think a lot of it has to do with the collective bargaining agreement and the fact that it may change. Because of that a ton of talented juniors, who might otherwise have stayed, are entering the draft. This is definitely a year where you want picks. Maybe Saban will get a few more by trading Ricky Williams and/or Sam Madison.

I think there's a lot of valu from the late 1st into the 3rd round.I'd not be surprise if we move down....I think we could take a safety or a LT late in the 1st and still get a LB later on plus a QB.The problem is that other teams will be thinking the same thing so it maybe hard to move down.

Ozzy rules!!

MonkeyDog said:
It does seem loaded and deep. I hate that NE has so many picks.

So do I, I get pissed every draft i see teams trading with NE, NE always gets the better deal and always gets good draft picks in return. Pissed me off when we traded with them a few years ago, other teams I can give the benefit of the doubt but Wanny and Co. trading with New England was just suicidal.

NEW-ERA-PHIN said:
I look at players that will be going in the third round and it baffles me. This draft seems loaded with talent at every postion except for WR and QB after the top 2 or 3 (depending on what ends up happening with Cutler's stock.)

I'd throw guards in there with QB & WRs. Better get your fill this year because next year's senior class is looking like one of the worst in history. It's going to need a lot of juniors like Adrian Peterson, Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, Greg Olsen, & Zach Miller to declare to make it respectable.

Back
Top Bottom