is it possible for two recievers on the same team.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

is it possible for two recievers on the same team....

*_*ADMIRAL*_*

Thanks for the memories Pat
Reaction score
is it possible for two recievers on the same team to have 1000 yard seasons if they are on the dolphins? do you think with our run run run game scheme do you think that DB and CC will get 1000 yard seasons regardless who's at QB? Can even one of them get 1000 yards?

Yes it can happen.......just need a quarterback who can consistently get them the ball.

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
is it possible for two recievers on the same team to have 1000 yard seasons if they are on the dolphins? do you think with our run run run game scheme do you think that DB and CC will get 1000 yard seasons regardless who's at QB? Can even one of them get 1000 yards?

Watch the Brian Billick "documentary" episode on the NFL Network. Pacing along the sideline he repeatedly says, "If we get to a superbowl like this I may never call another pass in the NFL (laughter)." Some forget that he was the OC at Minnesota when Randall Cunningham was the MVP of the league and a rookie named Randy Moss was catching one bomb after another.

Coaches know everything........until they see something else working.

Were not a "running team" were a team that can only run. If the latter changes, we'd pass as much as anyone.

Yes it is and both Moss & McCareins will do it this year :D

By the way, in '98 Keysshanw & Chrebet both had 1,000 yd seasons for the Jets and w/o looking it up I would guess that Duper & Clayton must have had at least 1 season(probably more) where both had 1,000 yd seasons.

In year 2000, Rod Smith and Ed McCafferey had 100 catches each...Rod had like 1600 yds and Ed had like 1300yds...so its possible.

definitely possible but if I were a betting man (wait....I guess I am, Damn Vegas Vacation)...Oh anyways, I would bet against it for sure

If both play 16 games, I think Chambers will break 1100 while Boston will get about 800 or so. Both receivers easily have the talent to go beyond that (with Boston getting 1,598 a few years ago). But between Feeley's almost unavoidable growing/acclimation process and Fiedler's inate inaccuracy, it's going to be very difficult for this team to produce two 1000-yard WRs. And if the OL doesn't improve itself, it's almost a certainty not to happen. Shame because you can see the pieces out there. Chambers/Boston is second to none. McMichael can give fits. Ricky and Konrad out of the backfield......there's a lot of highly-skilled talent out there just waiting for an opportunity to explode.

The thing I've noticed about teams who have two 1000-yard receivers is that they've been teams who have thrown the ball a minimum of 525-550 times a year. In the Jay Fiedler era, we're averaging a combined 445 attempts a year.

FYI - one "oddball" to achieve this feat. The 1999 Rams. St. Louis had two 1000-yard receivers. But one of them played RB (Marshall Faulk). San Francisco almost achieved this feat in 1984, but Jerry Rice could only muster 927 yards that rookie year. Roger Craig actually led the team in receiving (and rushing....the first 1000/1000 guy).

And I have to agree with Stamos. If we could pass the ball effectively, we'd throw it as much as anyone. Trust me, Wanny would love nothing more than to have a fresher, less beaten up Ricky for the stretch/playoff run. Coaches go with what works for them. Shula barely threw the ball in the early 70s because he had an absolute machine for a running game. Then when he got Danny, he threw it like nobody's business. Same with Brian Billick. High-flying, record-setting offense in Minnesota, can't even get it off the ground in Baltimore. But he's got a mammoth OL up front and a 2000-yard rusher toting the rock.

And when you can do both well, coaches call for both. Minnesota, St. Louis (though not nearly enough), Denver....they all run and throw it with great success. In 2000, Mike Anderson got 1500 yards on the ground, while Rod Smith got over 1600, and McCafferey over 1300 for Denver in the air. Denver TEs also combined for over 1100 yards receiving that year.

But like Stamos said, we're a team that can only run. So that's what we do.

In 2002 Eric Moulds had 100 rec for almost 1300, and Peerless Price had 94 rec for 1200+. So it is possible. But unfortunately for the Dolphins, Fiedler is no Bledsoe or Cunningham. The Phins have the receivers but need the QB.

I say we take the Redskins #1 Pick and draft Marcus Vick if he enters the draft. We need a playmaker at QB who can scramble, but i also believe our line will be good when Macintosh gets better, Carey and Smith will be more experienced and Jeno is the leader. The future doesnt sound too bad does it?
Oh, and by the way...where the hell was our Front Office when Kitna was a free agent, we should been all over that especially after the year he just had and Peter Warrick. Warrick would be our #3 WR for sure and we would have the best WR core in the NFL. We could have traded them Jay, Mcknight, and a draft pick or somethin for those 2.

R Williams34 said:
Oh, and by the way...where the hell was our Front Office when Kitna was a free agent, we should been all over that especially after the year he just had and Peter Warrick.

Um, wasnt he not a FA this offseason? And if he was the season before last or whatever, he hadnt done much and wasnt well thought of, talent-wise. I wouldnt have gone after him anytime before last season.

Back
Top Bottom