Is it possible that Miami signs Ryans at #16??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it possible that Miami signs Ryans at #16???

firestorm

In Saban We Trust!!
Reaction score
What do you think about??.
Miami needs LB inmediatly (Seau is cut) and Demeco Ryans, in my opinion, is one of the best in the next Draft and it's possible that he is available.
Ryans is a leader (a extra coach on the field), is a strongest man with a incredible intelligence (Bama's Cum Laude) and a sure tackler...

Possible, but I don't think he has ideal size for Saban's defense.

Demeco Ryan is a great leader on the feild however he is not as fast a you want him to be. He played on a great defense and he really stood out. At 16 he is really a reach, But if we trade down there is a possibilty, But I don't think he fits Saban's system.

It's possible because Ryans an outstanding leader on the field but I'm not sure if he has the size that fits what we want to do on defense. Some say he's not a Saban-type of player but he might be a Capers-type. Meaning, as long as he can make plays, it doesn't matter his size.

He is too small
He is too slow
He isnt Versatile enough for what Saban Likes
If he puts on size it will make him even slower.
He cant get off of blocks well.
He isnt that strong either.

He is a 4-3 OLB weak side not a 3-4 OLB.
Plus if he went to a 3-4 team expect him to be changed to a ILB.
He might be there for us in the 2nd round to consider even as his stock has dropped hugely.

Saban likes Big, Fast, Versatile players that are smart like Belichek likes too.
I would expect more of Bobby carpenter then him, same type of player just better then him in every area possible.

He is a good LB, but is on the smaller side. I wouldn't be mad because of his skillz, but I dont think he is going to Miami

versatile LB

A non 1st round LB pick to watch is Nick Reid. The guy is a tackling machine and can move between ILB and OLB.

Finsfan79 said:
He is too small
He is too slow
He isnt Versatile enough for what Saban Likes
If he puts on size it will make him even slower.
He cant get off of blocks well.
He isnt that strong either.

He is a 4-3 OLB weak side not a 3-4 OLB.
Plus if he went to a 3-4 team expect him to be changed to a ILB.
He might be there for us in the 2nd round to consider even as his stock has dropped hugely.

Saban likes Big, Fast, Versatile players that are smart like Belichek likes too.
I would expect more of Bobby carpenter then him, same type of player just better then him in every area possible.
I don't think I could agree more with you....I don't see Ryan coming here at all...Carpenter tho is gonna be imo the 2nd best pure LB in this draft(Hawk)and I'd be happy if we took him.

Ozzy rules!!

dolfan3431 said:
i hope not, ryans is too small. cromartie or lawson all the way !!!!!!!!!

at this rate Crom would be in the second round waiting for us i would LOVE lawson though

PhinSoldia said:
at this rate Crom would be in the second round waiting for us i would LOVE lawson though

Or get Simpson and them get Crom!!

I've stated this a few other times, but watch for Mark Anderson, Ryans teamate. He really put on a good showing at the combine and open the door to being a OLB in the 3-4. CK do you still feel he can make that transition?

Back
Top Bottom